PG Music Home
Sad news for Brit rockers and the music world in general.
Yes, just heard about it as well. He was only 66. Sad indeed.
Just read about his death on another list.
Loved that show when I was a kid.

66 is too young these days.

Tim

Tim
Yes, it's so sad to go at 66.

I look back on the Monkees with affection.

ROG.
yeah , and he still looked very good, seemed healthy, go to show "ya jist nevah know"
I'm sad to hear this news too. I did like their songs and show.

The way I look at it is ages wise is,
1/3 of life is up to 25
2/3 is 25-50
Last 3 is 50-70
Anything after 70 is Bonus years. All this talk of a lot of us living to 100 is in my opinion nonsense, take a walk around any cemetery and its surprising how many go around the 70 mark.

Middle age is approx 40-60
Old or senior age starts at 60-65 (though I read once that scientists said that if they had to define an age that old age starts at they would pick 50!) I guess that would put me at the start of old age then.

Martin
At the risk of bringing the bible into this discussion, albeit tangentially: "The years of a man are seventy years except if special mightiness, eighty years!" Science and medicine have done very little to change that. I expect someone to argue the point but when you factor in drug-related death; wars; and abortion the average is closer to forty years as it was a century ago.

I turn 71 this month so I am on borrowed time...slightly overdrawn on my account, so to speak.
Well hell by that reckoning Don I'm actually doing pretty good then.
I'm 59, so I guess I've beat the odds so far. LOL.
Actually don't really worry too much about death. Everything dies, even this planet and our sun eventually.
Death is just as natural as living Imo.

Tim
So, to bring some levity to an unfortunate passing....

Saw this post on Facebook:

"So when she told me that he had passed I was shocked. But when I saw her face, I said 'Hey now I'm a bereaver.'"

-Scott
© PG Music Forums