PG Music Home
Posted By: WienSam Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 02:00 PM
Check this out. Audiomagnet

Free to sign up. Online sales and commercial handling of your tracks. Worth a recce
Posted By: RobbMiller Re: Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 05:10 PM
Thanks. There seems to be a multitude of these places popping up!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 05:28 PM
There are indeed a multitude of these places popping up. Some are not legit. Their purpose is to get you to contribute your music, then steal it for another site you don't know about. Thus, they pay you a little, and keep more for themselves. Every so often, I play "whack a mole" with them, as an intellectual challenge while knowing it's a losing battle.

I am not commenting whether this site may be legit, except to say I checked for music from several colleagues I work with whose music would normally be found on a music site, and they are not on this one.

An advantage to using the more established sites like CD Baby or Amazon for your music is that they decide which other sites are legit, and handle all the accounting so you don't have to. CD Baby pays a lot better than Amazon, and if they decide this new site is legit, my music will show up there eventually.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 10:04 PM
Your music (and face) has a habit of turning up where you least expect it, Matt. Remember that cocktail site recently?

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 10:53 PM
Quote:

What does 'whack a mole' mean? Is it a kind of mispronunciation of guacamole or something? I have never heard that expression before

"whack a mole" the game at arcades where the moles come out of the hole and you whack them with a padded mallet, quite stress re-leaving I must admit. So when in doubt WHACK IT!

Later,
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Useful website for artists - 03/18/12 11:01 PM
Hi Sam. I apologize for using a reference that those outside the USA might not know. Danny described it perfectly, except that I take the padding off the mallet when I 'play' with these thieves.
© PG Music Forums