PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc tornado - 04/03/12 09:30 PM
Weather man says there is a tornado 5 mins away if it hits me I just wanted to say bye. JESUS is my LORD!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/03/12 09:33 PM
Hey how about a little prayer!
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: tornado - 04/03/12 09:57 PM
With all the modern technology out there these days and all they give you is a 5 minute warning? Jeesh! Prayers, you got em.

Tim
Posted By: ROG Re: tornado - 04/03/12 10:12 PM
Our thoughts are with you. Give us a shout when it's past to let us know you're ok.

ROG.
Posted By: seeker Re: tornado - 04/03/12 10:24 PM
I'm probably on of many of you, but was switching
between two channels Weather channel and another
and the coverage and recent new technology is
amazing.

The semi trailers floating, being sucked up into the
tornado clouds was really scary and eerie similar to
movie. Was upsetting just to watch it.

Our thoughts are with you Tommy now and thru-out this
upcoming season.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: tornado - 04/03/12 10:52 PM
Tommy, just came on. Probably passed you by now(an hour later). If it's any comfort, I've survived dozens since I've been in Oklahoma. The aides just roll me, bed and all, to a central hallway. I'm in a cinderblock building so minimum damage potential. We are now on toronto watch but the news people are tracking it and we get about an hour warning. Appears to be East of us and moving NE at about 30 MPH. Now, later tonight it could get ugly. They move us away from any windows. My problem is...my air mattress collapse without power then entraps me like mummy in a cocoon.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you. The safest place is laying in your bathtub with something like a sleeping bag or thick blankets to protect from flying glass shards.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/03/12 11:00 PM
Made a turn right before it was a 1/2 mile from me, and went up into clouds! YEA GOD! Thanks Yall for you're thoughts and prayers!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/03/12 11:02 PM
I was listening to Steve Young preach on youtube and had a nice phone call with him!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YAF5BRh...wRwM634lBy_k%3D
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: tornado - 04/03/12 11:21 PM
Quote:

Made a turn right before it was a 1/2 mile from me, and went up into clouds! YEA GOD! Thanks Yall for you're thoughts and prayers!

Glad you're OK.
Wow! That was close.

I've never been through a tornado. Just earth quakes here in LB.

Tim
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/03/12 11:27 PM
I haven't been that close since I was 6 when the house next door went away and only the foundation was left. We had a storm shelter and it flooded with water, luckily the neighbors were out of town.
Posted By: Sundance Re: tornado - 04/04/12 12:48 AM
Glad you're okay Tommy!
Posted By: filkertom Re: tornado - 04/04/12 12:57 AM
Phew. So glad you're okay, Tommyc!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: tornado - 04/04/12 02:15 AM
Glad your OK Tommy. I was in one a year or so ago and in my 32' camper at that. Picked me and camper up about 8 feet and dropped me. Other than a few bruises and a change of underwear needed I was OK. But never, never, never will I chance that again. As there were some campers destroyed and many flipped all around me . . . I was truly blessed that night.

Stay Safe,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/04/12 10:39 AM
Feel like I aged another year, but glad to still be here! I have been having heart problems related to stress according to the Doctor. My heart is skipping every 3rd beat today, but it was every other one yesterday. So I'm twice as good today,Yea! Thanks GOD and all my friends here on the forums. I hope Yall have a Wonderful Day!
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: tornado - 04/04/12 11:03 AM
Yes glad to hear you are alright Tommy. I was watching it all on the news yesterday and it was just amazing to see them 18 wheels flying in the air like toys being thrown around. I live next door to you in Arkansas and have been down in my storm cellar many times with the tornado sirens going off.
Brian
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/04/12 11:18 AM
It was a life changing underwear event for me!
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: tornado - 04/04/12 01:30 PM
Tommy, I'll bet you aged a year or two!

How'd your neighbourhood survive? Pretty frightening to watch on the news - glad you made it.

Ian
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/04/12 03:33 PM
It tore up some trees and power lines and I heard sirens everywhere. Someone on our street had a heart attack from all the excitement, but no one died.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: tornado - 04/04/12 03:37 PM
Quote:

It was a life changing underwear event for me!

as opposed to an underwear changing life event?

(I can see it as either or both)
Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/04/12 07:45 PM
lol!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: tornado - 04/04/12 07:55 PM
Quote:

Just???
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: tornado - 04/04/12 08:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:

It's actually kind of ironic that I've lived here in Long Beach Ca for all my life and the first quake I ever felt was when I was 9 and me and my family were traveling through Utah on our way to SD.
I've felt some pretty good jolts here in LB over the years , but really nothing like the devastating ones you hear about on the news.
I think the biggest one we've had here was around 6. That was pretty scary, but I think tornadoes sound much worse.
There's definitely potential for a much bigger quake here and they say we're over due, but no sense worrying about it till it happens.
But being prepared most definitely.

Tim\

Just???

Posted By: Tommyc Re: tornado - 04/05/12 02:24 PM
I was living in Huntington Beach the first time I felt a quake and it only rattled the glasses in the cabinet. It was still freaky to me!
© PG Music Forums