PG Music Home
Posted By: dcuny Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/25/12 04:12 PM
The website says I "should" register or login before downloading or playing the file...

But it won't play it without me registering.

Interesting use of the word "should".
Can you DL it. I've never seen this happen before.
Quote:

The website says I "should" register or login before downloading or playing the file...

But it won't play it without me registering.

I get the same thing. I don’t know if I can download or not because I never download files like this.

Something like Soundcloud is free and doesn’t require DL to play files. May be worth considering.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/25/12 05:50 PM
No, I can't play or download it.

On the download page, I get the error "You should Sign Up or Login to download this file".

There's a graphic on the right hand side that says "Check 4Sync at cnet.com" that, when clicked, sends me the file 4Sync-1.054m.exe.

In any event, no downloads without signing up.
I logged out of 4 shared and tried the link. Works fine for me with Firefox.
Posted By: Musica1 Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/25/12 06:09 PM
Quote:

No, I can't play or download it.

On the download page, I get the error "You should Sign Up or Login to download this file".

There's a graphic on the right hand side that says "Check 4Sync at cnet.com" that, when clicked, sends me the file 4Sync-1.054m.exe.

In any event, no downloads without signing up.

I got the same message -- requires downloading.

I recommend SoundCloud.com also.

Debb
Posted By: dcuny Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/25/12 06:14 PM
I'm using FireFox.

Clicking the link brings me to a page with an image of a speaker with the text "mp3" and a > (play) icon.

Clicking the image pops up a JavaScript window with the header You should log in to preview his file. Sign up for free if you don't have an account yet.

Clicking the Download Now brings me to the You should Sign Up or Login to download this file page, which I've already described.
Hey John

I am getting the same "grief". Using Firefox 12 and XP-SP3.

Cheers - Ian
Yep your right. That's the end of them.
Now it says file deleted.
Quote:

Now it says file deleted.

When I say that's the end of them I mean it. I deleted the account.I'm not going to bother anyway. They all have strict rules about CR material and I don't write.
I've tried to post my own compositions to Facebook and it just says I'm on someone's copywrite. You can't even fool it by finding a name and posting it as that.

I wonder if you go into the data file, change stuff to say Bach, put Bach in the title, if it plays there. I doubt it.

I need to get back at my own website. Then I get too tired and end up back in the sack. Pfffttt.
Posted By: gibson Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/26/12 04:42 AM
What on earth was this about? Sounded like a place not to go.
Oh well I hope I dont stumble across what ever it was

Alyn
Alyn,

You're still safe in Boogaloo.

Actually, it was just about getting an MP3 to play. No need for alarm.
Posted By: gibson Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/26/12 06:24 AM
Cheers Bob, makes sense now!! And I too have stumbled across sites like that.
Back to boogaloo-ing....that makes Wales sound almost exiting!!

Alyn
The site is perfectly safe & legit. It's "4Shared" a file sharing cloud but like most of the free sites they eventually change things to get you to sign up for a better paid account.I've been using them for a couple of years.
John,

A very similar thing happened with yours or someone else's 4shared post back over a year ago. I swore off clicking on anything 4shared way long ago due to the malware that came along with visiting the site.

I'm not so sure that they are safe and legit. There's something about their site that allows malware to get attached to the site or in frames, etc. that keeps me at a far distance.
Their one of the biggest file sharing outfits out there.They don't even run any scripts to speak of.I've never had an issue .All moot anyway as I deleted my account.
Posted By: bupper Re: Another production/engineering project - 06/26/12 05:16 PM
4shared is one of the biggest "holders" of pirate software!
© PG Music Forums