PG Music Home
Aaaarrrrggghh Mateys. It be comin' real soon, it be comin' in two days. It be International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Remember, our own Filker par excellence, Mr. Smith wrote the OFFICIAL 'Talk Like A Pirate Day.'

Thanks Tom!

Gary
Rather walk the plank than play the fool!!
ARRR, mateys! I just be lurkin' lately (an' also gettin' over a dumb fall, tripped 'n' hurt my leg, but I be gettin' better) -- but I was in th' 2012.5 beta an' everythin'. How's by ye?
Tom,
Isn't this the second time you really messed up your leg? If I recall correctly, the last time ended you up in the hospital for a while.

I found your albums on Rhapsody today, I thank you for "Hey, It's Can(n)on" That was great.

Anyway, I always think of you at this time of year. I'm glad you're getting better.

Gary
Speaking of Pirates, and just to rock the boat, here's a website which answers common questions about them:
http://piratemaster.wetpaint.com/page/Pirate+Fact+%26+Fiction

Often wondered why we often tend to romanticize some really bad people through literature or song.

Yo Ho Ho And a bottle of Rumination.

Carkins
Absolutely correct, Gary, although this was a much lesser mess-up. Basically, I tripped on a curb and bruised the heck out of my calf, got a big honkin' scrape (which turned into cellulitis, thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for antibiotics), and a small break in my right wrist. No surgery needed, unlike the June 2008 fall which had me in the hospital and then rehab for a total of nine weeks.

And, I think of you guys all the time. I've been trying to catch up with life and all, but I'm constantly lurking, just to see what-all's up. Big Damn Manly Hugs all around!
Quote:

Tom,
Isn't this the second time you really messed up your leg?

ARR Matey! Get a wooden one! (They're much harder to hurt)

----bonus punch line without the joke----
"it was the first day with me new hook..."
Hey Guys.

I can say with some degree of certainty, that this pirate thing hasn't crossed the Atlantic.

I just spent the day in the little coastal town of Whitby, which is where Captain James Cook (the famous explorer) was born and incidentally where the Dracula story was set. Ain't no one heard of "Talk Like A Pirate Day". They all thought I was on holiday from Cornwall - people talk like that all the time down there.

ROG. (Jolly Roger, for today only.)
A friend of mine posted this to FaceBook this morning. Not surprisingly, it referenced our very own Tom:

Talk Like A Pirate Day
Go to YouTube and do a search for Tom Smith Filk. There are quite a number of his songs there. In particular, look for the Anthrocon 2006. The song starts at 3:15, but it's worth watching the entire thing.

Scott, you do the FAWN thing, how many songs can you write in one day?

Oh, for your Harry Potter fans, make sure you go look up 'Hey! It's Can(n)on' on YouTube. Tom, that is one of my favorites!

Gary
Hee hee. One of mine, too, Gary. I'm a huge HP fan myself (I'm a Harry/Hermione 'shipper).
© PG Music Forums