PG Music Home
Now that it's down to $5, I decided to give it a whirl. I didn't think that I could actually have fun making music with it, but when I have to wait for my kids at music or dance lessons. So I bought it a few days ago. Attached is a link of the first song sketch that I've worked on while waiting for my daughter is in dance class. Most of the drums are loops that ship with the app. The opening non quantized kick and ride is my trying to play one of the kits. The EP is fun and velocity sensitive believe it or not. Though fat fingering is prevalent, it's workable. The synth leads are actually really cool - modulation can be played live by sliding the finger toward the 'back' of the key. Effects are decent. And there's a direct upload to soundcloud from the app.

Check it out - I'm not done - I'll be working on it more while waiting for my daughter. Surprisingly fun way to pass the time.

http://snd.sc/OEde3g
Nice tune. I really like the stereo effects on keys. Looking forward to hearing the finished version.

I find myself gravitating more and more towards my iPad and iPod for making music. GarageBand is a fine app. There are plenty more apps that are getting features not far from Daws. And it's not a bad thing when you can pick one up on sale. I was lucky enough to get Animoog on sale for 99 cents compared to $29.

Anyway, thanks for posting and good luck.
I am really digging this app but the screen size is limiting for some items and strangely useful for keyboard leads though you can only see c-c in the view. I never would have guessed it would be this useful. I am thinking of buying a BLUE Mikey Digital as an interface and bang I've got a way more useful recorder/daw than the Zoom H series.
© PG Music Forums