PG Music Home
Posted By: Danny C. Audio on Movie File Editing - 10/16/12 11:11 PM
I would like some instruction/direction on reducing the volume of the audio of a movie file IMG_1416. It is a quick-time movie that I want to use in a Windows Live Movie Maker video.

You see I already have a mp3 that will be playing through the Windows Live Movie but the audio from the quick-time movie I inserted is too loud and competes with the background mp3.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated - Thanks,
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Audio on Movie File Editing - 10/16/12 11:38 PM
Danny, does it have to sync with the video such as with a singer or dancing? IIRC, Windows Live Movie Maker treats audio and video separately. I believe that you can actually "blend" audio sources. That particular function of WLMM is not real obvious nor intuitive, however.

If you need to actually post-tweak the audio, there are free apps for exactly that purpose. Try www.videohelp.com, they are another very friendly bunch.

HTH
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Audio on Movie File Editing - 10/16/12 11:43 PM
Don,

You sir are correct it seems there is a function within Windows Live Movie Maker, and thanks to you I have found it.

Thanks You Da Man!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Audio on Movie File Editing - 10/16/12 11:59 PM
I had'a go refresh me wee Oyrish mind, it leaks all over stuff and I'm already wearing double didies (Brit: Nappies). Anyway, after loading your pics, vid clips and audio, click on Project in the upper Toolbar. That'll expose a small horizontal slider. That blends two audio sources.

Go get 'em Steve Spielberg!
© PG Music Forums