PG Music Home
All,
I've enjoyed the latest James Bond movie with the superb soundtrack made by Adele and Paul Epworth.

Fact is, as a non-english native speaker, I find some part of the lyric quite cryptic; may be someone of you could explain it in other words ?

In particular, I find this parts hard to understand (for me):

I’ve drowned and dreamed this moment
So overdue, I owe them
Swept away, I’m stolen

What does it really mean ?

And also, when she sings:

Let the sky fall, when it crumbles
We will stand tall
Or face it all together

"We will stand tall - or face it together", means that "we remain here (even if the sky falls) or (?) we face it" - why that "or" ?
We stay or we face it; that confuses me quite a bit.

May be I'm looking too much for a 'logic' meaning of the song, but you know, understanding the sense is the key for me to better enjoy the song

Thanks in advance,
Sergio.
Hi Sergio.

I can see why you find the first section hard to understand - as a native English speaker I have simply no idea what it means either!

The second section reads roughly as - When we experience great misfortune, we will be brave and it will be easier because there are two of us.

Hope this helps.

ROG.
Thanks ROG, that helps indeed.

I did think of that, but I was not really sure.

Are there others that would take the plunge too ? What is your interpretation of the whole song ?

Sergio.
I interpreted the song as an attempt to put all the cliches from past Bond themes into one song and the words are irrelevant, it is the feel of the song they were after, in my opinion.The theme to Goldfinger somehow sprang to mind on my 1st listen for some reason.
Paul Epworth is a producer and remixer and his name on the writing credits implies to me that the song was written for effect and Adele was asked to put lyrics on the top, as long as she included the word Skyfall, so there is no meaning to the words.

Have you heard this acoustic version Skyfall by Jedward???

Alyn
© PG Music Forums