PG Music Home
I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here since I know it’s primarily an electronic music site for BIAB, but here’s a couple of songs recorded by the BBC in Scotland that showcase a young lady that’s carrying on the acoustic tradition.

The lady’s name is Sarah Jarosz. She’s a multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter that’s more than worthy of note. It’s great to see the acoustic tradition being in such capable hands.

(It doesn’t hurt that she has some acoustic giants backing her up.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHcYiOsO3...ture=plpp_video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEC9DSc3aw&feature=BFa&list=PL614C5812372A83A9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juu18TmPEXM&feature=BFa&list=PL614C5812372A83A9

I’ve got a special place in my heart for music that could be played in your living room, …… even if the electricity is off!

I hope at least a few of you enjoy these clips.
Bob,

Don't know the young lady, but really enjoyed the music.

Also good learning tool, to listen to their mix.

Thanks for sharing.
I watched all three videos -- super stuff. I don't think I knew of her either. She looks familiar, though. Very good singing and playing all around.

Edit: Interesting comments on the videos where folks get side tracked arguing about what kind of dobro Jerry is playing when none of them are resonator guitars at all.
Wow.. just beautiful music.
Thanks for posting, Bob
Quote:

I’ve got a special place in my heart for music that could be played in your living room,

Heck, these folks can play in my living room any time they want.
Nice, Bob, I liked that.
Thanks for posting that!

Simply beautiful and beautifully simple
Wow Robert! Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Russ Barenburg, Alyson Krouss, could make even me sound good. Sarah is a little girl that I'll be watching. I followed her links and found many more straight acoustic numbers. Transatlantic Sessions is an excellent session to follow on YT. Look for Aly Bain, fiddler extraordinaire, with Russ and Jerry. Its unbelievable.
Bob, this was simply fantastic. Sarah is one great singer. That duet with Alylson was super. Loved all three videos.

Do not hesitate to post acoustic music on this site. Although I’m most playing electric guitars and bass I do have acoustic versions of both plus a couple of very old mandolins. Also I do appreciated all genres of music as do, I believe, a vast majority of the users here.
Quote:

Bob, this was simply fantastic. Sarah is one great singer. That duet with Alylson was super. Loved all three videos.

Do not hesitate to post acoustic music on this site. Although I’m most playing electric guitars and bass I do have acoustic versions of both plus a couple of very old mandolins. Also I do appreciated all genres of music as do, I believe, a vast majority of the users here.

True, Bob. I considered myself a parlor troubadour. Acoustic is where it's at!

My family sat around with our acoustic instruments and had a ball. No electricity, no problem.
Last I checked, most of us here love acoustic music. And some of our favorite RealTracks are acoustic tracks. And many of us play acoustic instruments. And and and...

Oh, and, yeah, she's really good.
Its ALL acoustic AFAIC.

Amplified or not, the sound still travels through the air. In Acoustic fashion.

If you ever heard a guitar underwater...

--Mac
Too many nuclear physicists, rocket scientists and engineers spoil a perfectly good party, Mac! (Exiting stage left).
© PG Music Forums