PG Music Home
Lotsa grey hair, but still a few good licks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0APqBnmLIs

And then this pretty little brunette decides to play the same song in her living room, and puts a whole new twist on it, (and she can definitely sing), but I’ve never heard of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZfpXtmNjc
Big Merle fan here!

Later,
Just started growing a beard for the winter. It has been 15 years since my last beard. This time it is all white!! Whats with that? I look like a mix between santa claus and that dude who is the most interesting man in the world.

Oh, and I like Merle too.
Quote:

Just started growing a beard for the winter. It has been 15 years since my last beard. This time it is all white!! Whats with that? I look like a mix between santa claus and that dude who is the most interesting man in the world.

I’ve had a beard since 1967. My kids have never seen me without one!

I like Merle too but to tell you the truth I liked Tristan’s version better.
Merle does fabulous voice impersonations. Unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0GijatQGUU
Quote:

Now that I didn't know!

Thanx for sharing!
Quote:

Quote:

I like Tristan's version better too, but I'm in the middle of puttin' together a great pot of chili for tomorrow or I'd "google" her for more vids.

Maybe someone else can can find a few more vids of Tristan?

And, ...... I'm a big Merle fan too! He always has great songs and always gives his musicians a chance to shine!
Quote:

That's funny Mario...I just realized my kids have never seen me without a beard either! And its been a couple of years since they were "kids"!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that this was the first ever recorded instance of "Fuzz Tone." Marty's bass player blew a speaker and Marty liked it, so it stayed. I haven't filtered my fallible old Irish memory through Snopes.com but this is how I remember it. It starts at about 1:25 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVTKeVhN1Bc

Mac, Bob, or Mario may blow me outta the water.
Quote:

Don, Thank You So Much for that clip!!! My first record was a Merle Haggard album and I am almost positive this was on that record. I just listened to it and, gosh darn, I was singing along and even recalling his banter between bits!! And come to think of it, when I belt out Marty Robbins' Devil Woman or Hank Snow's Movin' On, I now realize I'm doing Merle doing Marty and Hank!!!!
Quote:

Quote:

That's funny Mario...I just realized my kids have never seen me without a beard either! And its been a couple of years since they were "kids"!!!

I hear you. Our "baby" is 32!
I have worn a beard my entire adult life. When that many women sign the petition requesting that I keep as much of this face covered as possible.....
Re Fuzzy Marty, I read very recently that Dont Worry Bout Me did indeed have the first recorded fuzztone effect on it. Problem with oldtimers disease is I cant remember where I read it. ..read what..D
Quote:

Quote:

Well here it is, took quite a few years but I finally have to disagree with Mario regarding Taste and it's relation to the two versions of this tune.

Thanks Mario now I can go to bed knowing that you are not using mind control tactics on me. It was a long haul my friend but I am free at last!

Later,
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well here it is, took quite a few years but I finally have to disagree with Mario regarding Taste and it's relation to the two versions of this tune.

Thanks Mario now I can go to bed knowing that you are not using mind control tactics on me. It was a long haul my friend but I am free at last!

Later,

Sorry Danny but I did that on purpose

So you see you are still under my spell
Quote:

I look like a mix between santa claus and that dude who is the most interesting man in the world.

So you come down the chimney and leave a 12 pack of Dos Equis?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Later,

Sorry Danny but I did that on purpose

So you see you are still under my spell

Oh no I'm not . . . . well I think I'm not, nevermind I like the chick's version better also. Darn!
© PG Music Forums