PG Music Home
(see the other post with this title if you want to know what I'm talking about)...

Both Megafiddle and Matt figured out part of the solution.
There were a couple of other clues in my "ramble".
One was "warm winter sunshine" and one was "after I had cooled off".

Megafiddle hit the nail on the head in needing to cool things down.
Matt had the right idea but not the right appliance.

I merely picked up the Bluetooth keyboard, walked 3 steps from the table to the fridge (in the motorhome) and stuck it in the freezer!

Yup, just left it for a couple of minutes, took it out, and away it went. No re-pairing the Bluetooth, no nothing. In fact I didn't even turn it off.

Now, if one of you had posted this story here, I would have not been able to control my laughter. But I tell you it works. I can't explain why, perhaps you can. Please share.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks to all who "tuned in".

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
LLOYD S
Interesting. I was kidding, of course. I considered cooling but did not think that 2-3 minutes was sufficient time for cooling. Have you ruled out coincidences, such as the shaking that occurs just by handling to put it in the freezer?
Matt:

I did try shaking the keyboard, as well as several other maneuvers I thought might work, especially after the first time I put it in the freezer.

I was sure I had to be wrong.
Nothing else seems to work however.
I'd have thought that the batteries wouldn't work as well when they were cold but they don't seem to be the problem. A couple of minutes is all it takes. Just enough to cool it down a bit.

Possibly something on a circuit board that expands when it gets warm, and loses contact?
Don't have a clue. Just guessing.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
With electronics, heat is your enemy, closely aided and abetted by dust... this does not surprise me a whole lot. Make sure any ventilation holes are not blocked when you're using it.

Or... If it's under warranty get it replaced.
Thanks Lawrie.
The Bluetooth keyboard does not have any ventilation holes,
and I bought the unit as "used" some time ago so there's no warranty.

I'm hoping when I get back home (Calgary, Canada), I won't have to worry about
it getting too warm to quit working.

Otherwise, there's always the freezer! <grin>
© PG Music Forums