PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr I love technology - 04/21/13 06:22 PM
When I was young I spent all my time trying to get money.

Now that I'm older, I realize that I have a limited amount of time left on the planet, and I hate wasting it on redundant tasks... so, at this point in life I am more likely to spend money in order to buy time.

One of the archetypal time eaters is mowing the lawn. (especially if you have a large lawn)

Introducing ROBO-MOWERS: GPS driven robotic devices made to mow your lawn while you do something else.... and almost ALL of them are less expensive than a riding lawn tractor! (which still requires your time)

Mow your lawn once in LEARN mode, and it remembers the path by associating it with GPS coordinates.

check it out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=robot+mo...72&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&cad=b&sei=rSx0UfmnEofM9QSopoDADw

disclaimer: if your pet is deaf and can't hear the approach of a lawn mower and get out of the way, this might not be for you
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 06:49 PM
Talk about WAY Off Topic! Hehe.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 07:17 PM
Quote:

Talk about WAY Off Topic! Hehe.

bringing it back to the topic of music:

"the sound of my lawn being mowed while I play with BIAB is music to my ears"
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 09:02 PM
My electric mower hums at about an F#......
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 09:09 PM
Quote:

My electric mower hums at about an F#......

hey Eddie, thanks for helping me get this thread back on, um... off-topic

FWIW, I don't have one of these, and never will. My son was complaining about having to mow the lawn, and I said "someday there will be GPS MOWBOTS, and you'll never have to mow again"

so I googled and danged if they don't already exist! Available from multiple manufacturers, even!

Anyway, I thought it was cool enough to mention.
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 09:26 PM
I love and hate tech. Over the years I wonder how much time I have spent fixing software, reading manuals, installing updates, dealing with bugs.
I really can't see one of these mowers working on the average lawn. I wonder if the cat will return with a stripe across it's back, or the shirt that came off the washing line will get minced? Lithium batteries? I tried a strimmer once it did a quarter of the garden before recharge. And what about the lumps and divets of the average lawn? Lastly the dog mess??

tech: Doubting Thomas, that's me
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 10:11 PM
all your points are valid, my friend
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 10:17 PM
It's rumo(u)red that BIAB v2014 Audiophile Deluxe Utility Hyper Pak will:

1. Mow your lawn
2. Babysit children under 12
3. Fetch and open a cold beer (at precisely 5C/40F)
4. Walk and/or wok your dog
5. Control a teenage daughter (heretofore believed impossible)
6. Include the new Talent-In-A-Box plug-in
7. Introduce Real Vocalist
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 10:21 PM
Don, #4 cracked me up and I'm dying to try out #6!!!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: I love technology - 04/21/13 10:22 PM
yes, yes.. but will it slice BREAD?? that's what *I* wanna know...

;-)
(thanks for chimin' in Don!)

PS.. I've always wondered:

is that chicken dancing?
Or is he walking across a tarmac parking lot on a hot day with no shoes?

(enquiring minds, you know the drill)
Posted By: Mac Re: I love technology - 04/22/13 01:06 AM
This thread makes having to move from big house and yard to an apartment seem much nicer.

heh

--Mac
Posted By: RickeG Re: I love technology - 04/22/13 02:20 AM
Bummer, Don. I just bought 2013! They shudda put those features out there sooner!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I love technology - 04/22/13 03:16 AM
I want it to wok my neighbor's dog, but revenge is best served up cold! So will it do Gazpacho too?
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Iy - 04/22/13 07:32 PM
How about a dog that mows the lawn? It might not be tech, but it would be progress?
Posted By: Joe V Re:tricks to buy time - 04/22/13 10:28 PM
...at this point, one of my big time eaters is doing my own laundry and later sorting and folding. I've accumulated many different colored socks - and I know if I would just splurge and limit myself to 2 or 3 colors, I could probably save a lot of sorting time. But I never seem to find the time and overcome my cheapness to actually do this : )
Posted By: MarioD Re: I love technology - 04/22/13 11:40 PM
Instead of inventing a robot lawn mower wouldn’t it be better to modify grass so it would only grow to 2.5 – 3.0 inches?
Posted By: rharv Re: Iy - 04/24/13 12:29 AM

Quote:

How about a dog that mows the lawn? It might not be tech, but it would be progress?

goats
They also keep the trees pruned to about 4' off the ground.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re:tricks to buy time - 04/24/13 02:22 AM
Quote:

I know if I would just splurge and limit myself to 2 or 3 colors, I could probably save a lot of sorting time.

Now, why is that funny to me? Here's why.

Every 2 years, right after Christmas when stuff is on sale, I do a purge and replace, alternating years of replacing socks and underwear. I buy 24 pairs of IDENTICAL thick white sweat socks (Lanesboro - gray bottoms and white tops) and 6 pairs of black. And I throw all the old ones away. Then on the alternate year, 24 pairs of underwear (Fruit of the Loom, always colored - never white), again throwing the old ones away. By then the elastic is stretched and they suck anyway.

So I limit myself to black and white, and I rarely wear black socks because diabetics should always wear thick, absorbent socks.

It's a bachelor thing. I can get away with doing laundry every 3rd week. 2 loads and I'm done. It also helps when dressing in the morning. Any 2 white socks I grab make a pair. Yeah. That's the reason. NOT because I am anal about such things.
Posted By: ROG Re:tricks to buy time - 04/24/13 08:23 AM
Quote:

I know if I would just splurge and limit myself to 2 or 3 colors, I could probably save a lot of sorting time

Or just wear odd socks like I do...

ROG.
Posted By: Mac Re: Iy - 04/24/13 01:03 PM
Quote:

Quote:

goats
They also keep the trees pruned to about 4' off the ground.

Goats also make for great Jamaican BBQ.

Curry Goat.

mmmmm

How's that for all-natural organic food?

Turn that inedible lawn into a feast.

And don't forget to set up as many outdoor speakers and amps as you can, turn 'em up all the way and play the same song over and over and over and over while de goat is on de grill. Jamaica, mon.

--Mac
Posted By: Flatfoot Re:tricks to buy time - 04/24/13 01:58 PM
Thanks Eddie..... Man, I was just laying awake at night wondering about your underwear. Now I know....[8{>
Posted By: eddie1261 Re:tricks to buy time - 04/24/13 02:59 PM
Flatfoot, we won't even get into the dress shirt routine.....
© PG Music Forums