PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 08:26 PM

http://www.ohio.com/the330entertainment/westside-steve-stretches-his-style-on-new-album-1.400538

can't help but brag but I got a very nice write-up in Saturday's edition of the Akron Beacon Journal!
thanks PG music for many of the tracks on the songs.

WSS
Posted By: rharv Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 08:33 PM
Congrats!
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 08:53 PM
Congratulations! I really like "Island Time" on your site. Hope you sell a bunch!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 09:17 PM
Nice write up! The link to your website is wrong at the bottom of the story -- they have a "," at the end of the ".com"!!! Have them fix it.

Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 10:06 PM
Oops. Wrong link
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 10:25 PM
http://www.ohio.com/the330entertainment/westside-steve-stretches-his-style-on-new-album-1.400538
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/27/13 10:39 PM
Good on yar, Matey!
Posted By: MikeK Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/28/13 10:40 AM
Stellar write-up. Congrats!!!
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/28/13 02:15 PM
thank you gentleman. You probably noticed that I'd screwed up and originallyput up a three year old link. The second one is correc t for the Pirates life CD. Thanks for the kind words guys.
I have a few of the tunes on my website and will probably put some in user showcase when I figure that out.
Cheers

WSS
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/28/13 06:50 PM
nice write up Steve! One of the perks of living life pursuing your passion! I've been to your web site (though not today) and I really like what you're doing musically!

I have relatives in Akron, I'll have to ask them if they've ever been to one of your shows

Keep up the good work
Posted By: Sundance Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/29/13 01:21 AM
Nice press Steve.

I listened to a few songs on your site. A variety of good stuff on there. Liked the laid back Island Time, the jazzy vox on God Give Me Strength. My personal fav of the three I've heard so far is Let Her Go.

Congrats and best of luck with the new cd.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/29/13 11:31 AM
Hey Pat where in Akron are your people living?

Thanks Josie. That one [let her go] was from the 80's when I was with the Easy Street Band.

WSS
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/29/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Hey Pat where in Akron are your people living?

I'm not sure. I've never been to their home. But one of them is a musician about your age. You may have crossed his path at some point in your musical career. His name is Paul Shoenfelt. He owns a tool and die shop, if that tickles any brain cells you might have left after playing music for 40 years.

edit: ---------------------
here's his reply to my query:
Quote:
West side Steve was originally from norton ohio, where my parents and I moved to from Akron in 70. I went to an Akron hi school but had many friends in norton. I used to go to norton high school, in the early 70s to see a local band called the Rats. He was in that band that later became easy street band, a hugely successful NEOhio local cover band. I did not know him personally.

Posted By: Danny C. Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/30/13 09:19 PM
Congrats on some wonderful press!

Happy for ya.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 05/31/13 09:49 PM
thanks Danny!
WSS
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 06/02/13 05:29 PM
And it's a great CD. Well crafted originals, with tracks played by mutual friends who are "A list" musicians, and craftily reconstructed covers. I was fortunate to hear an advance copy.

Ahh... "Let Her Go". One of my favorites to perform!! Steve has been a quality songwriter for a long time. I have had to good fortune to be involved with Steve musically for a lot of years and owe him a huge debt of gratitude for teaching me (by observation and osmosis) about the "entertaining" side of this business. Front man like no other, and does so without being a poser. His shows have the friendly feel that would come with sitting around a basement bar singing.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 06/04/13 12:35 PM
Kind words indeed Eddie.
Thank you old friend.
WSS
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Westside Steve's new CD - 06/04/13 12:46 PM
And thank you as well Danny.
WSS
© PG Music Forums