PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 04:13 AM
I have always wanted a PRS.

I named her Purple Passion.

Posted By: Ryszard Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 05:41 AM
Ooh, baby--that's tasty! Is that a whammy bridge? Looks asymmetrical but I don't see an arm so can't be sure. Rock on, Eduardo.

R.
Posted By: gibson Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 06:41 AM
that looks real nice....real nice
I too have always wanted a PRS
Lucky Eddie!!

Alyn (not jealous at all sick)
Posted By: MarioD Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 01:15 PM
That looks real nice. How does it sound?

I am very jealous!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 01:23 PM
Saaaweeeeeeet!

Later,
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 01:52 PM
what?? two Christmases in one month!??

cool, Eddie! You've got a lotta new toys to play with in your retirement! Looks like you're setting the stage for some fun times!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 05:36 PM
Makes me nervous seeing it on the chair like that. Very nervous.
Posted By: KeithS Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 05:39 PM
Show your favorite guitar on Wampler's Facebook Page and win a Velvet Fuzz pedal.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 05:56 PM
If it sounds as good as it looks, Wow! Love that color!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 06:23 PM
Way koo, Eddie. I'd love to hear you pick it.

My Mum always told me: "Donny, that thing never will get better if you don't quit pickin' on it!"
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 06:29 PM
Through my Line 6 it sounded awesome. I am going to take it to a rehearsal this weekend and have the guitar player run it through his Marshall. The tonal combinations are nice. I can get that "hollow" Strat sound or close to the crunchy Les Paul sound. I will be putting up a new song soon and that guitar was used for the intro, solo and outro.

Almost embarrassed to know what I payed for it.

Almost.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 06:44 PM
Looking forward to hearing it, Eddie. Now, get that thing on a proper stand or in it's case! Don't let the cat jump up on that chair and have the new girl bounce onto the floor! What is her name, BTW?

Lucille is already taken, FWIW!

Some names that come to mind when I see her:

Candy
Purple Pauline
Fancy
Little Bird

Edit: Re-read Eddie's first post - oops!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 06:50 PM
Which model is that?
Posted By: KeithS Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Which model is that?

PRS SE Paul Allender Purple Burst.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: KeithS
Which model is that?

PRS SE Paul Allender Purple Burst.

Looking at that link it has this text: "The Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender Model solidbody electric guitar is a dark, breathtaking signature model fit for the Cradle of Filth guitarist."

I have to say, I've never heard of 'Cradle of Filth' before!
Posted By: ROG Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 10:07 PM
Definitely a bit on the dark side!

Can't wait to see how it effects your writing style.

ROG.
Posted By: KeithS Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/30/13 11:45 PM

I have to say, I've never heard of 'Cradle of Filth' before!

Posted By: Notes Norton Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/31/13 02:09 PM
The guitar looks great!!! HNGD (Happy New Guitar Day).

I've read some amazing things about the PRS guitars. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Aside: Cradle of Filth looks too formulaic.

Notes
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/31/13 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

I've read some amazing things about the PRS guitars. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Here's what I like about PRS guitars: Many, if not most models take lots of good stuff about Gibson solid-bodies, and toss the elements that I don't like. Beautiful carved tops on many models, and no tune-o-matic bridge on many models. They 'fall into' the hands very naturally for me. Always been out of my price range, but they are an aspiration guitar to me. Always classy looking as well, with their own shape that bows to tradition, but is also identifiable as their own. Look at this model for example - very classy - even though it's a signature model for a 'filthy' band. Other makers would be making this thing all adorned with spikes and chains, but PRS keeps it in the 'guitar you would be proud to show your mom' category.

I also hand it to PRS for doing their own thing when many other manufacturers stick only to copycat body styles and so forth. PRS seems to take most of the best features and build from there. Note for example, no 'flat' headstocks on any guitars (nothing like a Strat/Tele/etc.) because these days, there is no reason not to do the superior tilt-back headstock which gives a better break angle over the nut. I have a Larrivée acoustic guitar which I love, and over the past 3 years they have re-introduced an electric line - but for the most part they seem to copy Fender and Gibson - even down to making a 'spaghetti font' script for their logo for their Telecaster copy.

I bought an Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue this past winter as I loved nearly everything about the guitar - mostly the tonal variety. It's a franken-strato-SG-Paul. The ONLY thing I'm not loving is the hard corner/binding around the top. Carved top would have been oh-so-nice on my right arm.

Sermon on PRS over...

Eddie - get us some sounds of this thing soon!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 07/31/13 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Way koo, Eddie. I'd love to hear you pick it.

My Mum always told me: "Donny, that thing never will get better if you don't quit pickin' on it!"

but...but...
guitars are the opposite of scabs....

the guitar won't get better unless you DO pick on it!
Posted By: KeithS Re: What do you think of my new baby? - 08/03/13 08:49 PM
Other makers would be making this thing all adorned with spikes and chains, but PRS keeps it in the 'guitar you would be proud to show your mom' category.

The thing that made me smile was how PSR's only nod to the dark side on this model was to modify their well known birds in flight fretboard inlays to bats in flight.
© PG Music Forums