PG Music Home
Posted By: Howard Bad news - 01/23/09 04:03 PM
Got hit with a double whammy yesterday. Biopsy came, seems I have acute leukemia and lymphoma. I go into L.S.U. Shreveport Monday for chemo, so I'll be off the forum for a couple of weeks. I'd appreciate your good thoughts and moral support.
Posted By: toucher Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 04:14 PM
Howard, I'm so sorry to hear about your news. My wife and I read your post and we are praying for God to intervene in your situation. Both She and I would be dead right now if it weren't for God stepping in. Don't give up, keep up the fight.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 04:15 PM
Take Care of yourself....and as we say up here "keep yer stick on the ice".

I'm pulling for you.......
Posted By: Mac Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 04:37 PM

You're name is in the prayer basket, brother Howard.

--Mac
Posted By: PeteG Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 05:21 PM
God bless you Howard. I'll hold you in my thoughts and pray for your recovery.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 05:26 PM
Our Prayers are with you. This is a heavy burden, I 'm sorry.
Wyndham
Posted By: JEP Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 06:06 PM
So sorry to hear that, Howard! Will send good thoughts from far, far away.
Hope to see you back here soon...

- Jepster
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 06:16 PM
Howard,
Prayers are on their way up, man. I believe that God can and will heal you, and that the docs will have all the right answers. God bless you big time, man.

Gary
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 06:37 PM
Very sorry to read this Howard. You'll be in my thoughts.
Hang in there and get back here soon.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear this, Howard. I pray that you will be able to fight the good fight as you look up to the One who has all the answers.

God Bless,

Don S.
Posted By: retake Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 07:19 PM
Howard,
I have already prayed for you and will continue.
Steve
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 07:31 PM
"Another prayer...coming up!"

Mick
Posted By: rkl122 Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 07:46 PM
Very sorry. Prayers and good wishes from this household.

-Ron
Posted By: mglinert Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 07:46 PM
all the others seem to be taken care of, so I'll be praying to the gods of rock and roll for you, Howard. My thoughts are with you - just take it one day at a time and you'll soon be bouncing back.

all the very best,

Marc
Posted By: botma Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 07:54 PM
Howard,

My good friend came to me years ago with a similar case. He was 65. He died at the age of 84. Lets pray for this.
Posted By: Poppa Willis Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 08:27 PM
Went through the big cancer deal myself 5 years ago - they gave me a 50/50 chance of living for 5 years. I pray for you also Howard for strength to get THROUGH this. You can and will. Keep us posted man. Stay connected! Log in from treatment and the hospital, but stay connected! Places like this become welcome second homes and sources of encouragement.

Be blessed!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 08:44 PM
I also went through the big C 4 years ago.

Good luck and our prayers are with you.
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 09:30 PM
Howard check your PM . occ
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Howard. I'm saying a prayer for you here.
Posted By: BlueTurbit Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 10:22 PM
Another prayer Howard.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bad news - 01/23/09 11:43 PM
Howard,
I'm sorry to hear your news. You're in my prayers.
Well wishes galore,
Noel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 12:05 AM
Howard,

You have been and will remain in our prayers. Please keep the faith and hang in there, and of course let me know if there is anything personal I can do for you and/or family. You know I am only a few hours or so drive away.
Posted By: Howard Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 01:05 AM
I can't thank you all enough for the support and encouragement. My local oncologist said that since I was still able to get around and feed myself,etc, that there was a pretty good chance to beat this. My age is against me, 71 next month, but I'm pretty hopeful. I hate how it's hurting my wife, she lost her last three siblings in less than a year from cancer.Again thank you all so much.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 01:34 AM
often the wives get overlooked in these situations and need extra love and encouragement too. please give your wife a big hug and a kiss for me, harold, and tell her how much she is appreciated. my thoughts are with you both.
don
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 01:45 AM
I know what you mean about the wife. My wife lost her mother to cancer when my wife was 15. When I had my bout I could see the worry in her face regardless how much she tried to hide it. That hurt more than the chemo!

For what it’s worth I found that whey protein really helped me. I bought the chocolate favored powder that I mixed with milk. It is the same whey protein that body builders use. It really helped me with my energy level. You may want to check it out.

Good luck my friend.
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 03:02 AM
We'll here for you Howard. A great bunch here, stay focused and positive, it does make a difference. I have a fellow boating friend who's had this for 15 years. He's doing well. I know everyone's different but we are praying for you. What a great head start. Keep us informed.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 03:32 AM
if protein supplements are in order, then i heartily recommend Ensure supplement shakes. with my swallowing difficulty my doctor prescribed it to keep my weight up. walmart Equate is cheaper but fewer flavors. the ensure butter pecan is scrumptious. i get it through the va canteen for 16.50/24 case. i drink 2 per day and have kept my weight up but my fingernails grow like weeds. howard, are you a veteran? the va has several programs that would benefit both you and your wife. one is 'respite care' where they will send a nurse to your home so your wife can get a break. check with your nearest va.

don
Posted By: Le Miz Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 05:09 AM
You (and your family) are in my prayers, Howard.
Posted By: DennisD Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 05:56 AM
Howard, sorry to hear about your prognosis. My thoughts will be with you. I wish you enduring good spirits, and continual prayer. Dennis
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 09:05 AM
You have our thoughts & prayers from Downunder too, Howard.
Posted By: guitarman Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 10:37 AM
Keep the chin up Howard and have faith.

We are all rooting for you.

Best wishes

Alan
Posted By: PapaMikie Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 11:09 AM
And an other prayer for you.
Posted By: furry Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 01:56 PM
Hope you pull through Howard, I'm rootin' for ya
Posted By: toucher Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 05:39 PM
Howard, I was talking with my wife about your situation, and she told me about someone she knows who had lymphoma around her heart, her lungs, both kidneys, her liver and stomach, well pretty much the whole abdominal cavity including small and large intestines. She was diagnosed about three years ago, today she is free from any of it.

We belive her positive outlook and the fact that she believes in prayer, brought her through this, so don't give up!

toucher
Posted By: Beagle Re: Bad news - 01/24/09 08:10 PM
God bless Howard! Prayers for you! Look forward to your healthy return!
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 05:33 AM
Howard! You know you're in my thoughts. We've been friends a long time. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Anything. I WILL help, I promise.

Lee
Posted By: davemilleruk Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 01:50 PM
Hang in there Howard, You got lots of prayers and support here.
I'm sendin ya some positive thoughts and a special prayer from the UK

Kindest Regards,
Dave.
Posted By: Oren Fisher Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 05:34 PM
Howard,

Everybody's got their favorite cure for cancer, and they are all valid to some degree or other, even for older folks. As time and energy permit, have a look at as many as you can, and deploy the ones that resonate for you. People all over the world are curing all kinds of cancer in the most amazing ways - some of them very inexpensive and easily accessible. (Natural healing has been an interest of mine for many years - PM me if you would like some help finding information on some of the more useful strategies.)

All I'm really suggesting is that you take an active hand in your "cure", and involve your wife as much as possible so she feels like a valued part of the process. Team up, get pro-active, and enjoy the challenge of making yourself a little stronger every day.

Oren.
Posted By: TeleBob Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 06:47 PM
Howard
You are in the hands of the ultimate healer. You will be in prayers all over the world.

Be blessed
Bob
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 07:38 PM
Hello everyone. I just went to see Howard at the Hospital. He had just gotten into a room and was getting blood work. He and his wife seemed in good spirits. I'll check on him later this week and let everyone know how he is doing. occ
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 01/26/09 08:29 PM
thanks, occ.
Posted By: filkertom Re: Bad news - 01/27/09 04:42 PM
Aw man. Howard, I'm so sorry. Good thoughts and good luck.
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 01/27/09 05:26 PM
I saw Howard this morning and he said he was feeling OK. They gave him some platlettes through his IV and they are going to put in a port today. They haven't decided what the treatment is going to be yet. occ
Posted By: gospel singer Re: Bad news - 01/28/09 02:31 AM
Howard, I do not post much, but I do read the forums. So sorry to hear the news. You are in our prayers. I have a brother in law and a cousin with cancer. God can heal all of you and that is what I'm praying for. God Bless you and your family! Stay positive and keep the faith.
Posted By: Lawrie Re: Bad news - 01/28/09 03:49 AM
Prayers and best wishes from down under Howard.
Posted By: Tono Re: Bad news - 01/28/09 10:59 AM
I am sorry that I am late in the reply. I tried to figure out some good words, but in cases like this I feel that all cind of words sound small, so I can only joing in with the others on the forum and pray for you.

All my best wishes and prayers to you
From
Tono
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 01/29/09 07:08 PM
I saw Howard today(Thurs) and he was eating lunch. He is still having test done and should know something about his treatment sometimes tomorrow. occ
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bad news - 01/29/09 11:51 PM
thanks for the update, occ. please pass along our best wishes from my wife and i to howard and his wife.
thanks again,
don
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 01/31/09 09:49 PM
Talked to Howard today(Sat.) and he has had 2 chemo treatments. He is supposed to have 5 all total so he will be getting out of the hospital around Wed. or Thurs. He will continue chemo at his local hospital every month. He said he didn't think it was as bad as he thought it was at first. They think that they caught it in time to keep under control with chemo. His wife brought a laptop to the hospital today and he is going to try to log on to PG forum. occ
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Bad news - 01/31/09 11:55 PM
Thanks Occ for keeping us informed.

Howard, you are in my thoughts and prayer here as well. Hang in there, we're all pulling for ya.

Eddie
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Bad news - 02/01/09 12:17 AM
Howard,
Prayers do help. We are praying for you. Hope you're out soon.

Gary
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Bad news - 02/02/09 07:40 AM
occ, when you do see Howard again, please convey my best wishes to him and tell him he is in my thoughts. I'm not sure if he has access to the internet, but will try to email him anyway.

Thanks,

Lee Muller
Posted By: Mike Laatz Re: Bad news - 02/02/09 08:29 AM
Believe, like we do, that you're getting better every day.
Best wishes for a full recovery from the B-I-B users in South Africa.
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 02/03/09 04:20 PM
I just heard from Howard(Mon.). He is supposed to go home this afternoon and take some of his chemo in a Leesville hospital near where he lives. He said he feels pretty good and will be glad to get home. occ
Posted By: occ Re: Bad news - 02/03/09 07:21 PM
I said I heard from Howard Mon. but I meant Tues.!!!(Today) occ
Posted By: Oren Fisher Re: Bad news - 02/03/09 08:02 PM
Occ,

Thanks for looking in on Howard.

It's one thing to relate via a bunch of posts on a website, but "up close and personal" takes a degree of courage and commitment that seems to be in short supply in this day and age.

Hats off to you for showing some grit...

Oren.
Posted By: Howard Re: Bad news - 02/04/09 02:34 AM
Hello everyone. I got home about an hour ago, and I'm so touched by all the support everyone has shown. I'm sorry I'm not able to write much at this time, I'm pretty tired. And I'd like you all to know how great OCC has been, a really good person. Love you all. Howard
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Bad news - 02/04/09 02:39 AM
Get some rest Howard. We will be here when you are ready.

That is great news that you are home. There is NO place like home.

God Bless,

Eddie
Posted By: Oren Fisher Re: Bad news - 02/04/09 06:15 AM
Quote:

Get some rest Howard. There is NO place like home.

Like Eddie said...
© PG Music Forums