PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/04/14 03:18 PM
Have not been gigging in over a year - too much day job. But when I do find the time, my rig will look something like this. Few know that the VLT is a full featured audio interface which allows routing mic and guitar in and 1/4 inch to the PA.

[img]https://db.tt/eSXeKghQ[/img]

Posted By: 90 dB Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/04/14 03:42 PM
That link is not working for me.
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
That link is not working for me.

try this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19113390/IMAG0393.jpg

very cool
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/04/14 04:15 PM
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
very cool

Glad to see someone else appreciates this combo!
Dan,

Looks great! The only thing I'd add is the lyrics on that screen.

Break a Leg Dan!

PS: Is that an Ipad you have BIAB running on?

Later,
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/04/14 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Dan,

Break a Leg Dan!

Later,

No that is the hot new - Surface 2 Pro
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Dan,

Break a Leg Dan!

Later,

No that is the hot new - Surface 2 Pro

Way to go Dan, you trend setter!

Keep us posted as you will no doubt have me spending some money real soon. LOL

Later,
Hey Dan,

would you be willing to demo that on the next forum skype session? I'd like to see and hear what it can do! Based on the photo, it looks very interesting!
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hey Dan,

would you be willing to demo that on the next forum skype session? I'd like to see and hear what it can do! Based on the photo, it looks very interesting!

When is the next skype session Patrick?

Later,
tentative time and date for the next multi-user forum video skype session is the 3rd Sunday in February, which I believe is the 16th. Time would be 7 pm (eastern time)

The reason for waiting until the 16th is that Lloyd is on a cruise, and that's the first weekend after he gets back.
tentative time and date for the next multi-user forum video skype session is the 3rd Sunday in February, which I believe is the 16th. Time would be 7 pm (eastern time)

The reason for waiting until the 16th is that Lloyd is on a cruise, and that's the first weekend after he gets back.

Floyd is going to be so fat when he returns he won't be able to reach his keyboard! Cruises do that to people you know.

Ducking, Bobbing and Weaving.

Later,
[quote=Pat Marr]tentative time and date for the next multi-user forum video skype session is the 3rd Sunday in February, which I believe is the 16th. Time would be 7 pm (eastern time)

Hi Pat, Do you know if it's possible to record a Skype session? It would be great for those of us who are unable to join in.
Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz
[quote=Pat Marr]tentative time and date for the next multi-user forum video skype session is the 3rd Sunday in February, which I believe is the 16th. Time would be 7 pm (eastern time)

Hi Pat, Do you know if it's possible to record a Skype session? It would be great for those of us who are unable to join in.

Good question Keith! I suspect it is possible with screen capture software. But maybe the critical question isn't so much whether or not its possible, as much as whether or not the big ol' dummy Pat can figure out how to do it. wink

I'll look into it... If I can figure it out, we'll go from there.
recording is one thing saving it somewhere for streaming later is another

for what it's worth

http://pghboemike.wordpress.com/2014/02/06/how-to-record-skype-video-calls/
thanks Mike! That's a good head start!

I'm also looking at Camtasia, but its kind of pricey... the upshot is that I could use it for other things too.

I already have SNAGIT... it can capture the screen, but I'm not sure it can capture the audio too... maybe the audio can be captured separately with Audacity and merged

But I may also try a digital camcorder set to receive its signal from the computer. That's already paid for.... (cheap route first...)

So many ideas, so little money...
I used Camtasia back around 1999-2000. One of the nice things that old version had that I liked is it could render a Shockwave video of the recording that would set up nice as a web page video. I had used it a lot for video tutorials as it shows circles on the screen when you make mouse clicks.

I'm sure by now that it does a lot more cool stuff.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/08/14 01:14 PM
Here is an idea of what I am trying to get the Surface to support. This all works fine on my Desktop DAW for recording (Reaper allows going to a whole new level) and I have had bits of success running it on my laptop for live shows. However the Surface will present "new opportunities for having fun" with BIAB and VLT.

Those old timers here will remember that we have worked a lot with BIAB and VLT over the years. Much of what I have achieved could not have been done without your help and inputs. Maybe this will help get some of the new guys moving in even newer directions.

BIAB and the TC-Helicon Voice Live Touch

By the way, this is Camtasia.

Dan,
that is an awesome demo! Have you posted it in the user to user video section yet? If not, you definitely should!

I liked your other user-to-user video:
Topic: Using F5 (Bar Settings) to tell who to play what and when in BIAB
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/08/14 09:18 PM
Dan,
that is an awesome demo! Have you posted it in the user to user video section yet? If not, you definitely should!

Great idea, thanks
BIAB and the TCH-VLT
Nice vid Dan, should be a big help to all. Glad to see that you have BIAB and the VLT working so well together.

Jeff
Posted By: DrDan Re: Trying to get the show back up and running - 02/10/14 02:55 PM
Jeff, you-the-man (or at least one-of-the-men)with the vlt! Now all I need is time.
"The reason for waiting until the 16th is that Lloyd is on a cruise, and that's the first weekend after he gets back."

Yup, I'm back.
I should know by Sat. if I'll be somewhere that I can get a Skype session to work.

Thanks!
LLOYD
© PG Music Forums