PG Music Home
Posted By: Le Miz Josie C.'s Live Concert Earlier Today - 02/20/14 05:31 AM
Josie C. had a live concert, 50 minutes or so StreetJelly.com at about noon today, central time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I saw it all; I clicked on at 11:58AM and she was already singing "Where Have All The Flowers Gone".

Josie can really sing. It's folk music, mostly covers (well chosen), with a few originals.

For most it was just (!!!) Josie singing and playing acoustic guitar. For a few she also used very tasteful backing tracks that Don (who was commenting online) said were BiaB. None detracted from the acoustic vibe.

If she does this again, I recommend it without reservation to the BiaB community.

A couple of comments to Josie:

My favorite song (I'm excluding "Where Have All The Flowers Gone") was "He Had The Eyes Of A Painter". (Not sure of the title, but that phrase was repeated a couple of times; my first time hearing that song.)

I have a suggestion, Josie. When you would introduce an original, you would say something like, "Here's an original, called 'title title title'"

I could hear every word clearly except for "title title title". Your voice would drop and "title title title" would come out machine gun style.

This happened at least twice, and curiously didn't happen when you announced covers.

Your originals were quality compositions and certainly belonged in your set. For a newbie like me, those titles are important!

Bravo, Josie! Pretty impressive, putting yourself out there like that, LIVE, and performing wonderfully under what must seem like strange (pressurized) circumstances.
Hi la miz.
Thank you so much! Your input is very appreciated. I will announce the titles of the originals more clearly and also put where they can be found on the net (if they have already been recorded).

I always start with "where have all the flowers gone". For some reason it relaxes me.

"Eyes of the painter" is a Kate Wolf song that Don suggested. I love it but it is quite a challenge for me on the guitar. That was the first time performing it so it needs some more practice.

Thanks for tuning in and commenting.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Josie C.'s Live Concert Earlier Today - 02/20/14 09:08 PM
Josie,

Sorry I missed you yesterday as I was out of pocket for most of the day. I hope to catch you again real soon. Maybe we can arrange a day and time where we can be back to back. I know the time difference is horrendous but who knows I might even work in the AM my time even though some old guy habits are even harder to break. :>

Later my friend,
Hi Danny
How about I go on at 12:00 noon on this Saturday? You can do a set before or after that?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Josie C.'s Live Concert Earlier Today - 02/22/14 02:19 AM
Josie, I'll be there with bells on!

Please consider co-writing with Hayley. This opportunity only presented itself today or I would have already discussed it with you.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Josie C.'s Live Concert Earlier Today - 02/22/14 05:47 AM
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Danny
How about I go on at 12:00 noon on this Saturday? You can do a set before or after that?

Sorry I thought you were already scheduled tomorrow . . . never mind.

I plan to make your show, but I am on later at 9:30 PM CST maybe in a couple of weeks I can do an afternoon set with you.

I'll do my best to see you tomorrow.

Later,
© PG Music Forums