PG Music Home
Posted By: 1manband Mac - 04/19/14 08:19 AM
Mac hasn't posted in over 10 days; I miss his wisdom here. Does anyone know why we're not hearing from him? I hope he's okay...

Jim
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 04/19/14 12:52 PM
I e-mailed him a few days ago and got no response. I too hope he's OK.

Notes
Posted By: seeker Re: Mac - 04/19/14 03:11 PM
Mac is just fine. Just got off the phone with him for a short visit.
He is tied up.... Naw.. Buried in several projects he's working on.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 04/19/14 03:41 PM
Thanks, Frank. That's good to hear.

Notes
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mac - 04/22/14 02:26 AM
Thanks Frank.

Later,
Posted By: rharv Re: Mac - 04/22/14 10:47 PM
His family confirmed he is fine.

Also happy to hear it.
Posted By: furry Re: Mac - 04/24/14 05:33 PM
Good to hear he's ok
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/01/14 12:28 PM
rharv and seeker, it's just not normal. I've sent e-mails to him with no answer.

I do hope he's happy and healthy. The place isn't the same without Mac.

Notes
Posted By: percy Re: Mac - 05/06/14 02:40 PM
[quote=

I do hope he's happy and healthy. The place isn't the same without Mac.

[/quote]

+1

Percy
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Mac - 05/06/14 03:08 PM
The "Top Posters" list looks funny without his name on top.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/06/14 04:34 PM
Yes, I've definitely noticed the vacuum without my buddy of about 20 years. Such a wonderful, knowledgeable friend. I guess he's entitled to a break occasionally. I, too, hope he's OK. We had a real scare about a year or two back when he bravely fought a rare flesh-eating bacteria. He's definitely a tough old bird close kin to the Phoenix.
Posted By: Luiz Dias Re: Mac - 05/08/14 08:09 PM
Hi, 1, 2, 3
tessssting
Mac?
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Mac - 05/08/14 09:40 PM
Let's see, what would possibly irritate Mac to the extent that he make him come back and post?

Mac, whaddya say about these apples?:

=====================================
Scales and intervals; who needs them?

Gain structure, you don't need to know about gain structure and gain staging!

Transcribing solos is for wimps.

Jazz sux!

Tommy Emmanuel is a meanie.
=====================================

C'mon Mac, we miss you!

-Scott
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/08/14 10:27 PM
Jazz ain't music!
Wat bos caint daince, Mr Estair!
What do Flugelhorn players know about music?

Did that awaken our Mac?
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mac - 05/09/14 03:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Did that awaken our Mac?

Hey Don, now you've upset Matt Finley
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mac - 05/09/14 04:21 AM
Plenty of room for all.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/09/14 01:07 PM
I'm concerned - I hope he isn't ill.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/09/14 02:49 PM
In my long friendship with the man, I've never known him to disappear without cause. He's pretty thick-skinned out of necessity but is it possible that someone has offended him? Woe to that one!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/09/14 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz

Did that awaken our Mac?

Hey Don, now you've upset Matt Finley

Keith, Matt has a great sense of humo(u)r and knows that my tongue was firmly planted in cheek.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Mac - 05/09/14 05:59 PM
I think some sense of humour is a prerequisite for a pro trumpet player. After all, we have perhaps the greatest potential to do musical damage. All you can do after an obnoxious splat, chip, clinker or clam is chuckle and carry on. And that's what the audience will remember most anyway, especially if you get it right when it comes around again. Since my concerts are always done with no rehearsal (intentionally), I'm usually good for one train wreck per night!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/09/14 07:46 PM
Matt, one thing I've always envied in horn players was/is a spit valve. Could never find one, although seriously needed, on my Strat. I suggested it to Fender factory so keep an eye pealed for the new Stratocaster "Gaynor Model" it also has a gimbled beverage holder.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/10/14 08:52 PM
Matt, true you trumpet players can make some terrible noises, but we sax players can join in with a few squeaks, honks, and warbles. After all, we can't let you have ALL the fun wink

Notes
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Mac - 05/12/14 05:33 AM
Matt, one thing I've always envied in horn players was/is a spit valve. Could never find one, although seriously needed, on my Strat. I suggested it to Fender factory so keep an eye pealed for the new Stratocaster "Gaynor Model" it also has a gimbled beverage holder.

Drink holder sounds good. Martin Mull had a Telecaster with a 40-channel CB radio built in. (He once guided a trucker into the club with it.) I'm pretty sure the Custom Shop will create anything you're willing to pay for. cool

R.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/20/14 01:51 PM
Mac's been AWOL over a month now.

I'm concerned.

Would someone who knows him please give him a call and find out if he's OK. If not find out if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/20/14 03:55 PM
Notes, I believe Bob Flatpicker has a good phone number for Mac.

@Bob, please call The Macster then assure us, his countless friends that he is okay. This is totally unlike him.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/21/14 09:02 PM
Apparently, Mac still hasn't checked in.

Does anyone living in his general vicinity have time or love enough to attempt an eyeball-to-eyeball visit over a cup of coffee with him?

Under these circumstances, PG Music may give Mac's address and phone number to a limited number of Mac's closest friends. He certainly don't need 100+ phone calls.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Mac - 05/22/14 12:01 AM
Hi Everyone. Just talked at length with Mac. All is well and good. Mac is deep in the woodshed, building an amp and designing a speaker box. He just wanted to take a break from BIAB and concentrate on his projects. He appreciates all your concerns for him. He will be back at some point. Later, Ray
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/22/14 12:35 AM
That's a big relief, Ray, thanks so much!
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: Mac - 05/22/14 12:41 AM
You know, Mac has 30 some thousand posts. He is a pillar around here. I can understand why he needs the break, or at least wants one.

Don, I'm glad you're still checking up on us, and making sure we're okay.

Gary
Posted By: rharv Re: Mac - 05/22/14 01:10 AM
Checked the woodshed; no Mac ..
just sayin'
smile

I believe he's fine, if that counts for anything.
It doesn't surprise me that he is working on such things. Creativity doesn't sit still for long.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Mac - 05/22/14 01:44 AM
"Checked the woodshed; no Mac ..
just sayin'"

Funny!! I hope Mac sees this. Later, Ray
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Mac - 05/22/14 05:41 AM
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Hi Everyone. Just talked at length with Mac.

Ray,

Anytime you talk to Mac on the phone the conversation is gonna be "at length". wink

I tried to call him this afternoon but I got his machine and figured I'd just try him again tomorrow.

I can understand him needing to take a break from the forum every now and again.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Mac - 05/22/14 01:25 PM
Yes, it was "at length"!! Interesting conversation though. Mac knows a lot of music. Later, Ray
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/22/14 01:27 PM
Thanks for calling Ray. I'm glad he's OK.

Funny, it's like playing the same club for years, when somebody goes AWOL, you get concerned about him/her.

Happy, healthy, and busy is great.

Notes
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Mac - 05/23/14 04:48 PM
Phew! I thought he may have gotten food poisoning from the NM green chiles I sent him a while ago.

The forum members here would have me lynched!

(glad to hear he's fine)

Larry
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Mac - 05/24/14 02:08 PM
At least "tarred and feathered" and run out of town wink
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mac - 05/24/14 03:36 PM
I hope Mac reads this thread when he returns to see how important and loved he is within this community.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Mac - 05/24/14 10:02 PM
Yes, I'd love to see Mac posting again soon. It's not the same around here without him.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mac - 05/24/14 10:39 PM
Peter, Mac is a very well-educated person who/whom I've known for probably 20 years when we both helped Flavio Antoniolli (sp?) in the fledgling stages of n-Track Studio.

His absence from these PG Music forums, however temporary, leaves a void (not in the medical parlance) that is impossible to fill. I keep watching for his knowledgeable comments on these forums.

I can imagine him deep in Rube Goldberg mode and totally engrossed in thought.

On a lighter side: My Dr. called me a fine physical specimen and then I learned what you medicos call "specimen".
© PG Music Forums