PG Music Home
Hi All,
I'm going to Tommy Emmanuel Guitar Camp next week. Really stoked about it...
http://www.tommyemmanuel.com/2013/12/guitar-camp-usa-2014/

I'm wondering if anyone has been to there, or is going?

Wow!
Good for you.
Might as well learn from one of the best.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Dang!

You: Stoked
Me: Envious

While you're there, maybe you can talk Tommy into making some real tracks for BIAB 2015...

wink
That's cool. If anyone is planning on vacationing in Colorado, Tommy is doing a free show at Guitar Town 2014 along with a bunch of other stellar players. It's at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County.
http://www.villageatcopper.com/guitarTown/
Excellent news, Peter! Colo(u)r me envious but please try to stay within the lines.

I would definitely add "chuffed" to your list of adjectives. You're learning at "...the master's feet!"
Have fun Peter. If there ever was a One Man BIAB, it's Tommy Emmanuel!

I watched a clip of him once where he tore through a solo song and then stepped up to the mic and said "who needs a friggin' band?"

Not only is he cocky enough to say that, but in his case it's true. Hehe.

He's the only man I've ever seen Chet Atkins play with where Chet acts as if he feels unworthy to share the stage.

Tommy is a guitar monster and he's not the least bit bashful. wink
Have a good time Peter. Pick up some new techniques. That guy is an amazing player.
I'm envious also! If you get a chance view some of the sites in the Catskills and Finger Lakes. I hope you enjoy your visit to our state.

Have fun!
Tommy recently admitted that he doesn't read music. That means he is one heckofa ear player!

Would be fabulous, Peter, if you could rendezvous with Mario D and Matt Findley. They speak New Yorka and might translate from Left Coast Canuck to Right Coast New Yorka for you. I'd give a lot to meet either of those wonderful gentlemen, to say nothing of you, Dr Gannon.

Is Charlie traveling with you? What a fantastic learning opportunity that will be.

Peter, I remember that you were quite impressed with guitar duo Loren and Mark. They are playing in the New York area that same weekend. You might want to check their schedule while you're in the area. They often open for Tommy. Fabulous guitarists!

Peter, here's the link to Loren @ Mark's warmup for Tommy while he was in New York:

http://youtu.be/hH838Uk1hNs
Maybe if you ask nicely, Tommy may lay down a few Real Tracks.....
... or take me along to translate.. I speak fluent Australian.
Lol, Keithster!

I think Peter speaks Left Coast Canuck, eh? A ho nuder animal.

I'm waiting for Peter to visit me in Oklahoma and entertaining we badly bent patients. Yes we have several Canadian patients in here that speak Left Coast Canuck. Peter will feel right at home. I'd deem it an honor to teach Peter and his entourage Okie-speak.
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That guy is an amazing player.

I've watched a boatload of the youtubes of Tommy.

After watching him I feel it's time to turn all (3) of my axes into kindling....end of story.

In direct response to your comment above (I say this with levity and to only make a point to his proficiency) he's almost too good. smile

Do carry on....
© PG Music Forums