PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 11:51 AM
never mind.....

wait...actually yeah (this is edited)

So I thought you could edit your own posts..... and to some extent I can. For example...this one. I posted it as a test and am now editing it.

However, I go into a former post and on MY posts there, the EDIT button is not there.

Any ideas? Is there a "time out" feature so that after so many days the post become non-editable?

Just curious.

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 01:58 PM
Yes, there is a time after which you can no longer edit your own post. I don't believe we know the duration but I think it's about one day.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 04:12 PM
speak now or forever hold your peace......?
Posted By: KeithS Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 08:49 PM
I'm not sure how the software works here but on a forum that I moderate the edit button goes away as soon as someone else comments in the same thread or after 12 hours pass, whichever comes first.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 10:38 PM
The ability to edit stays around for 3 days, I think.

There's a post a made in the User Showcase on 27/Aug/14 at 8:37 pm (my time) and "Edit" is still available now on 30/Aug/14 8:38 am (again, my time). I'll keep a watch on this and see if the button disappears tonight at 8:37 pm.

"Edit" used to be only 24 hours but, when the boards were last upgraded, this time was increased. I believe that the option to delete a post now only lasts for 24 hours.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 11:07 PM
After you edit, does that reset the timer?

Experiment time.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where did edit go? - 08/29/14 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
After you edit, does that reset the timer?

Experiment time.

No. The editing time for a post is fixed from the time the post was made. It also works individually for each post. (As far as I'm aware, at least.)

Noel
© PG Music Forums