PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/22/15 07:19 PM
now that PGMusic has made their picks, I'd like to resurrect this thread but with a different focus... instead of predicting who PGMusic might pick, I'd like to look at some of the songs and artists that were excellent but didn't make the top 20

If you want to link to a specific song that's great... of if you'd rather point out a person that works too... but first and foremost, try to say what you liked about the song or artist that justifies your opinion.

You don't have to do it all at once... just stake out a message and come back as time allows and edit it to add new people or songs to your list.

Quote:
use quotes to keep your observations about different people from getting all jumbled together
Posted By: 90 dB Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/22/15 07:33 PM
I vote for Floyd jane. He looms large in the Legend.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/22/15 07:48 PM
My peoples choice awards (people who posted awesome stuff in 2014 but didn't get picked for the PGMusic award)

Quote:

DANI LINDROOS
Dani, your posts this year have been phonomenal! They went from being retrospective and sad about your past to being joyous and thrilled about the new possibilities with Li!

I haven't made an official count yet, but you might have been the top poster for the year! Dang! And you still had time to fall in love! If I opened a dictionary to the word BUSY, I'd expect to see your picture as the illustration. wink

naturally I like this one because Dani was gracious enough to include me and Dean in the project! What a pleasure for me to collaborate with two such talented guys!
BABE LETS GO OUT TONIGHT

I also liked this collab with Josie Beck, one of my favorite jazz numbers of the year:
AIN'T WE GOT FUN?
(I think it was actually posted under Josie's name, but I see it as a Dani collab home run)

DANI'S SONGS on SOUND CLOUD

Quote:
Al-David and Di are the consummate pro musician team! They've written more good songs than I've had ideas!

ALAN AND DI'S SONGS

Quote:
Kevin Emmrich is one of the few songwriters here that I had an awareness of before being on the BIAB forum... in a sea of other song writers on Song Ramp his songs caught my attention with his highly signature sound and unabashed enthusiasm.

KEVIN ON SOUNDCLICK

Quote:
MarioD is all over the place musically, very experimental and a multi-instrumentalist who seems to embrace every genre. I like your style, Mario! Here's one I especially like because you played several instruments in it: FRIDAY NIGHT SPECIAL It's a good example of using BIAB as a rapid song creation tool for musicians to play themselves.

MARIO's SONGS

Quote:
F.M.M's creamy guitar tone is famous on the forum, and without counting, I'd guess he is one of the more prolific contributors to the showcase!

ERIC'S SONGS ON SOUND CLOUD

Quote:
Another prolific poster for 2014 was CubanPete!. I especially liked his BISTRO series (Moulin Rouge Nights)

MIKE'S SONGS

Quote:
Hawgly didn't post much in 2014, but he posted THIS

HAWGLY'S SONGS

Quote:
PGFantastic is one of the forum's steadfast advocates of using music as a testimony to one's faith. You inspire me Robert!

PGFantastic's SONGS

Quote:
Rog blew us all away in 2014 with his line art animation and wry sense of humor! PLAY GUITAR AND GET RICH ...not just one of my favorites from 2014, but maybe for all time! I like everything about this song!

ROG'S SONGS ON SOUND CLOUD
ROG'S VIDEOS

Quote:
RichMac is another guy who whole-heartedly experiments with ideas and makes unexpected things work!

RICHMAC'S SONGS

Quote:
Noel96 is not only one of the most talented song writers on the showcase, he is also perhaps the most encouraging and quick to supply answers to anyone who has a question about any of PGMusic's products! And it isn't empty help.. as a professional educator, he is gifted with an extraordinarily keen ability to explain complicated things in a way that is easy for dummies like me to understand!

NOEL'S SONGS on Sound Cloud

Quote:
If you don't like ear worms, whatever you do, DON'T click on FredM's "WHEN I GO I'LL GO THROUGH THE WINDOW"

FRED'S SONGS

Quote:
RSDEAN is another prolific contributor who not only has a highly recognizeable signature sound, but also a very pro-looking presentation to everything he does.. his web site, his videos, his song pages... very artistic from start to finish

ROBERT DEAN'S SONGS

Quote:
although I said this thread wasn't about the winners, I just have to say something to each of them because they inspire me:

90 db.........Bob, you write the best historical pieces, well researched!
aleck rand....Dean, in terms of jazz musicianship, you have no rival
boehm.........Guenter, where do you get your ideas??? <- most creative
Carolyne......Caroline, I find your songs to be very classy and stylish
cubanpete.....Mike, you are the master of the jazz instrumental!
Don Gaynor....Don, you are most inspirational and relentlessly good humored
Don R.........Don, I like your remixes!
Floyd Jane....Floyd, you da MAN! you got it all.. AND YOU SHARE IT!
gibson........willing to take musical risk and make them work! (1953!)
Greg Johnson..Greg you were the big surprise of 2014 with SCOTCH & CIGARETTES
gruverider....Lawrence, your lyrics are tops and I love your songs!
GuitarHacker..Herb, your performing experience adds a lot to your song writing. Your songs are top-notch and you have good industry insights
horsthartung..Horst, you're another of 2014's jaw-droppers! LOVE your songs!
Janice & Bud..Good singing, good song writing, good mixing, good people!
JosieC........Joanne, there is an indescribable earthy,practical, idealistic aspect to your songs that I really like.
R & AM........Multi-Talented and prolific, whose music is as likable as they are!
Skyline.......master of the very well crafted and often poignant song
Steve Young...Steve, you can sing, write and mix, but BOY, can you arrange!
Sundance......Josie, I especially liked your jazz projects in 2014! More!
Tommyad.......As Dean is to jazz, you are to country: top-notch multi instrumentalist and among the best at writing and mixing

more to come as time allows

I've given up on trying to count entries for 2014...too many!
Posted By: musiclover Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/23/15 06:08 AM
Gibson,Rog,Steve Young and Noel four guys with originality and great songs, that's who stand out to me.

Gibson who is willing to take his songs to a different level, and experiment a lot with different things, his song about cold calling is an example.

Rog whose songs and video especially the doodle video has entertained and inspired me and made me wonder how he did it, and the great studio production. I should also mention as well the expert guitar tutorials that Rog has on Youtube. Thank you for uploading these and the work you put in.

Steve Young and Noel for their Christmas songs and the good studio production as well.

And a big thank you to Noel for all the help he has givem to me and everyone else throughout the year.

And good to see Mr Marr as well putting his touches to a few songs.Hopefully more to come Pat.

This is a very good idea of having a separate thread in appreciation of the many many hours that go into putting a song together, I would imagine that for some songs from starting to write to final cut it must amount up to 50 hours work, so a big thank you to everyone in the user showcase for entertaining us throughout the year.

Musiclover
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/23/15 10:47 AM
I would chose one of Mario's incredible productions but I need more time to go back and select which one
Posted By: 90 dB Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/23/15 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Gibson,Rog,Steve Young and Noel four guys with originality and great songs, that's who stand out to me.

Gibson who is willing to take his songs to a different level, and experiment a lot with different things, his song about cold calling is an example.

Rog whose songs and video especially the doodle video has entertained and inspired me and made me wonder how he did it, and the great studio production. I should also mention as well the expert guitar tutorials that Rog has on Youtube. Thank you for uploading these and the work you put in.

Steve Young and Noel for their Christmas songs and the good studio production as well.

And a big thank you to Noel for all the help he has givem to me and everyone else throughout the year.

And good to see Mr Marr as well putting his touches to a few songs.Hopefully more to come Pat.

This is a very good idea of having a separate thread in appreciation of the many many hours that go into putting a song together, I would imagine that for some songs from starting to write to final cut it must amount up to 50 hours work, so a big thank you to everyone in the user showcase for entertaining us throughout the year.

Musiclover

What he said. smile
Posted By: Rafa T Re: PEOPLES' CHOICE AWARDS REVISITED - 01/25/15 11:41 AM
I am a Tommyc big fan, I like all their songs!
© PG Music Forums