PG Music Home
In light of the ongoing discussion on the efficacy of YouTube as a marketing medium, I thought this article from Electronic Musician magazine would be apropos. There are some ideas here I hadn't heard of elsewhere.

http://www.emusician.com/career/1347/masterclass-nine-0-music-marketing-strategies/50980
Good read and some nice ideas. Thanks for the link, Richard!
Hi Richard
Thanks for this link. Yes, some great ideas to both get going and improve.
Best
Trevor
My brother has also just joined a band and he wants my help to make it more popular amongst people. There is obviously social media that is going to help in making the band more famous. But I was actually looking for more music marketing strategies only. Thanks for this one. Do you think Adwords Campaign Management will also be able to help?
Nice read, thanks for the share.

I work in marketing for a living and have seen clients and friends get some pretty amazing results with social media. There are things to do and things NOT to do. Most people do the "not to do" things.

The short version is, curiosity does WAY more to attract people than beating them over the head with what you have ever will.

There are simple, FREE ways of doing this. smile
I'm surprised this thread did get more traction. Maybe there isn't as much interest in getting our music out there as there is in making it?
Original thread is from 2015.

I'm always interested in ways to promote the music we do, especially ones that don't cost much money! wink
© PG Music Forums