PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Please read - 03/05/15 03:32 PM
This is the same message I left on the User Showcase's forum for those who do not visit it.

I would like to apologize to all for not being on the forums as much as I would like and for not listening to the User Showcase songs. Things have been extremely hectic here the last couple of months.

The short version is I have an uncle in home hospice, a brother-in-law in hospital hospice and a wife whom just had breast cancer surgery, more on that later. I also have two good friends in the hospital, a sister-in-law on oxygen and another sister-in-law scheduled for eye surgery. Of course those people in hospitals and hospice around here are miles from our home, some east and some west of it while one friend and sister-in-law, the eye surgery one, are in Florida. Couple all of this with the facts that I have to shovel and snow blow our driveway almost daily, get snow and ice off our roof as well as my niece's house (her dad is the one in hospital hospice) as well as doing all the other things that need to be done around here I get little time to do music. So the little music time I get I just play and record.

The wife's lumpectomy surgery went extremely well yesterday. The best news ever is that there were no cancer cells in her lymph nodes! Although we will know more later next week her doctor suspects she will only need 5 straight days of radiation with no chemo.

Our vacation to Florida is on hold and if we do get to go it will be a shortened one.

I just wanted to explain to all why I haven't been as present as I would like to be.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Please read - 03/05/15 04:02 PM
Hey Mario,

I can't speak for everybody, but as far as I'm concerned the people you mentioned who REALLY depend on you in a tangible way... they come first. Whereas it's true that we all sort of depend on other forum members to "be there", its a much less tangible presence, and the implications of failing to show up are certainly less than the implications of failing to dedicate your time to the loved ones you mentioned.

So, as far as I'm concerned, no explanations or apologies required!

And that's wonderful news about your wife's lymph nodes being free from problematic cells! I bet everybody heaved a sigh of relief over that news! I hope the other situations you mentioned work out as well as possible.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Please read - 03/05/15 07:25 PM
Looks like a lot on your plate Mario. Good luck. Things will get less crazy after a little bit of time.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Please read - 03/06/15 07:28 AM
People in 3D are almost always more important than those on a forum.
Maintain your strength.

Guido
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Please read - 03/06/15 08:15 AM
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
Maintain your strength.

Guido

+1 from me. Stay strong Mario!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Please read - 03/06/15 11:09 AM
Thanx all for the good wishes and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

My wife is doing great. There have been no problems after the surgery and she is healing very well. Like I mentioned we will know more about her radiation treatments next week.

Thanx again all.
Posted By: toucher Re: Please read - 03/06/15 11:28 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Mario. While I have nowhere near the plate full that you have, I can offer some empathy on the wife's breast cancer. My wife just went through the same thing. The five straight days of radiation were a real blessing compared to weeks of traditional radiation. It was all done with an implanted balloon.

Hope things improve quickly for all the situations you are going through right now. I've heard it said that God never puts more on us than we can bear, except for the snow part. whistle
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Please read - 03/06/15 12:45 PM
Mario, dear friend, I've always been encouraged by this adage:

"The finest steel must first pass through the fire!"

You, my pal, are passing through a refining process guaranteed to separate the men from the boys.

Please know that your many PG friends are here to smooth the journey; some by experience, others by empathy.

If ever you feel a need to draw on my strength, perceived or real, you are more than welcome to have it. I and all of your friends on the forums are deeply indebted to you for all you have done and continue to contribute.

Personally, I consider my life richer, fuller, having you as a valued, trusted part of it.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Please read - 03/06/15 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Mario, dear friend, I've always been encouraged by this adage:

"The finest steel must first pass through the fire!"

You, my pal, are passing through a refining process guaranteed to separate the men from the boys.

Please know that your many PG friends are here to smooth the journey; some by experience, others by empathy.

If ever you feel a need to draw on my strength, perceived or real, you are more than welcome to have it. I and all of your friends on the forums are deeply indebted to you for all you have done and continue to contribute.

Personally, I consider my life richer, fuller, having you as a valued, trusted part of it.

MARIO -

I would echo what Don said.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Please read - 03/06/15 12:47 PM
Best wishes always to you, Mario.

[Oh drat, now this post has put me back on the Top Ten list. Well, it was worth it.]
Posted By: MikeK Re: Please read - 03/06/15 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
Maintain your strength.

Guido

+1 from me. Stay strong Mario!

+1 from me as well. Take care and make sure you do not over exhaust yourself. This happens quicker than you think and before you know it, you don't feel like yourself anymore. Been there done that.

All my best,
Posted By: Cornet Nev Re: Please read - 03/06/15 05:27 PM
All the very best to yourself and your wife Mario and hope everything works out well for you both.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Please read - 03/06/15 08:52 PM
Thanx all. You prayers and support is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Please read - 03/06/15 09:40 PM
Mario, not meaning to lighten the mood too much but you are in an ideal position to test the minor miracle of music in controlling pain.

Suitable mp3 players are about 10 Loonies. Load it with music from the patient's HS years and watch their pain start to lessen. There is a new medical field recognized by Medical Authority called Music Therapy. It certainly is better than addictive narcotics and no side affects.

Over-the-head headphones are preferred over ear-buds because patients can self manage headphones.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Please read - 03/11/15 06:05 PM
Hi Mario,

Keep Looking Up, my friend.

Don S.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Please read - 03/11/15 07:30 PM
Glad to hear that your wife is doing better Mario, You definitely have a lot on your plate at the moment.

I sincerely hope that things get easier for you in the coming days and weeks.

All the best
Musiclover
© PG Music Forums