PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson How well can you hear audio quality???? - 06/05/15 11:50 AM
Found this website.

I was impressed that I got 3 right! and that was on my hi-fi speakers at medium volume. Shame I could't re-do the test at full volume altho on replay I think I did hear the difference.

Have a go!!

Alyn
This is awesome!

Something I really like about it as well is, each time your go to the site it changes the order of the songs AND the order of the MP3's. That way something who just wants to memorize it, can't!

Thanks for sharing this!
Posted By: gibson Re: How well can you hear audio quality???? - 06/06/15 05:22 AM
Quote:
Something I really like about it as well is, each time your go to the site it changes the order of the songs AND the order of the MP3's.
Well I didn't know that, I only went on the site once.
Still it was an interesting and maybe useful find

Alyn
Posted By: CeeBee Re: How well can you hear audio quality???? - 06/06/15 08:08 AM
On headphonesI picked mostly 320kbps. I normaly mix with headphones as I don't want to disturb the family. Maybe I should get some better headphones.
apparently.... not very well.

But I wasn't listening on good speakers either. I was on the speakers on this computer. Perhaps I will try later on my headphones. Or maybe not.
Alyn, great find.

My choices hit both extremes while listening to my Near Field Monitors (Berry MS-40s) without any EQ.

Not very conclusive, but I attribute that to a lot of years working in high ambient industrial noise. My high end is gone.

Being partially deaf due to a punctured eardrum in one ear from many years ago, plus the now accompanying tinnitus, makes it near impossible to differentiate for me.
I think this is a trick and they all sound the same. If you could download the files, then you should be able to not only hear differences but also see differences in waveforms. But these are streamed. I think that severely cripples the test.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: How well can you hear audio quality???? - 06/07/15 01:07 AM
They all sounded the same to me. I do have some hearing loss in the high end.
Posted By: Rafa T Re: How well can you hear audio quality???? - 06/12/15 09:20 AM
I make the test twice and I have on both 5 succes. I am now a man with more confidence in myself ;-)

I use my Pc with my old Echo Mia soundcard and my 30 years old Sansui amplifier and Kef C20 speakers. I am very very happy with the sound...
© PG Music Forums