PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson Windows 10 WARNING - 08/04/15 03:17 PM
I have been reading the other Windows 10 threads with interest but then I read this in the Daily Mail, if it is true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3184771/Man-updates-PC-Windows-10-wife-entire-[*****]-collection-transformed-slideshow-repeat.html

HAHA!

Alyn
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/04/15 03:59 PM
Tooo funny!

Later in the article the guy says his wife has forgiven him and thinks it was very funny too.

Bob
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/05/15 11:20 AM
Why MS continues to deliver products with such intrusive defaults is beyond me. Yes, they are easily changed, but the average user cannot be expected to be aware of these things.
Posted By: KeithS Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 09:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Ryszard
Why MS continues to deliver products with such intrusive defaults is beyond me.

I think this is just a joke. I've upgraded 3 computers to Windows 10 in the last week and not one of the three defaulted to a slide show from My Pictures.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:02 AM
I once went to a computer repair call. The complaint was that the computer had a virus. I sat in the room working and as processes were running my eyes moved around the room, where I saw a crucifix hanging, a few religious pictures, rosary beads carefully arranged on a table around a candle... very religious woman.

The scan for some files on a folder down 5 steps into a directory tree. Of course, the clean them up, I had to go see the filenames. They were named things like hsh36ega7w.mov and such. To check it, I opened one and was some of the NASTIEST stuff I have ever seen. This was all with the woman sitting right there with a bible in her hand and a rosary laced into her fingers. There was over a gig of this stuff, and 2-3 dozen of them popped up in the scan.

I told her the best thing for me to do was completely erase that directory and then scan again, and asked if that was okay. She said "Excuse me for a moment" and picked up the phone and called her husband. Hearing just that side of the conversation allowed me to get the gist of the conversation. She said "Hey the computer guy is here. Is it okay with you if we erase all this [*****] because that's where the viruses are..... Oh yes, we WILL talk about this later. Goodbye."

I felt SO BAD for her.

Moral of the story, if you are hiding [*****] from your wife, keep it on a thumb drive on your key ring or somewhere else like that.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:19 AM
smile Did Windows 10 send that post twice? smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:22 AM
Must've. It's got a pair of eyes watching out for young Eddie
(only joking...)
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:37 AM
Originally Posted By: GHinCH
smile Did Windows 10 send that post twice? smile

No, some dumb user with 2 windows open did. One will be gone eventually....
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Must've. It's got a pair of eyes watching out for young Eddie
(only joking...)

He better have GREAT eyes because young Eddie is WAY in the rear view. Old Eddie is here now.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 10:49 AM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
He better have GREAT eyes because young Eddie is WAY in the rear view. Old Eddie is here now.

I was beginning to think that new Eddie was lookin' kinda suave.

Attached picture 2015-08-06_23-43-58.jpg
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Windows 10 WARNING - 08/06/15 01:39 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

I was beginning to think that new Eddie was lookin' kinda suave.

The Sam Kinison one I weighed 310 pounds and 61 years of age. The one in the suit is at 235 and 63, almost 64.
© PG Music Forums