PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzsax BIAB saves the day! - 10/29/15 06:25 PM
Yesterday I arrived at a luncheon gig where I was to play sax as a sideman in a trio. It seems the piano player went across town to the wrong venue and of course has no cell phone. After waiting around with no word from him for 10 minutes after we were supposed to begin playing, I mentioned to the lady in charge that I have my entire program, BIAB library, stored on my iPhone as a backup for when I do solo performances. Since I had played solo for this group several times before she did not hesitate in trying to find a PA to use.
I always carry a mic with me and once all the equipment was connected I proceeded to play for the hour alone. It was a fun, energetic and appreciative crowd.
Thank you BIAB
Posted By: 90 dB Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 10:22 AM
Originally Posted By: jazzsax
Yesterday I arrived at a luncheon gig where I was to play sax as a sideman in a trio. It seems the piano player went across town to the wrong venue and of course has no cell phone. After waiting around with no word from him for 10 minutes after we were supposed to begin playing, I mentioned to the lady in charge that I have my entire program, BIAB library, stored on my iPhone as a backup for when I do solo performances. Since I had played solo for this group several times before she did not hesitate in trying to find a PA to use.
I always carry a mic with me and once all the equipment was connected I proceeded to play for the hour alone. It was a fun, energetic and appreciative crowd.
Thank you BIAB

Great save! It really pays to have a backup, and what could be better than BIAB?

Band In A Box - don't leave home without it! grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 12:45 PM
Talk about a testimonial!!!
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 04:46 PM
Thank you BIAB

Do you mean that you have all 95+ GB of BIAB on your iPhone?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 05:42 PM
No cell phone? In 2015?
Posted By: jazzsax Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 10:07 PM
Ray,

I am not sure what you are asking. If you are referring to "I have my entire program, BIAB library" by "program" I am referring to the program I have set up for a performance, a set list.
"BIAB library" refers to all of my songs that are loaded in the iPhone.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/30/15 10:29 PM
Ray,
I am not sure what you are asking. If you are referring to "I have my entire program, BIAB library" by "program" I am referring to the program I have set up for a performance, a set list.
"BIAB library" refers to all of my songs that are loaded in the iPhone.

I think what he was asking (facetiously) was if you have the whole BIAB program and multiple tracks per song on your phone. I assume you mean you have rendered MP3s on your phone.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/31/15 12:10 AM
Eddie's right. The iPhone is currently available with 128 GB memory. Would the new phones be able an app like BIAB? Is the architecture of any phone able to handle an app like BIAB?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/31/15 12:32 AM
You'd need a phone with an OS capable of running Windows programs. Though they do many things you can do on a computer, phone apps are coded for the OS of the phone. BIAB is not a phone app, so that's a simple answer of .... no.

Even what BIAB has that is available for phones is just a controller for remote control of a computer.

Somebody with a Windows phone may be able to explain is a Windows phone can run regular Windows computer apps, but I have doubts that it can. I know with Windows 8 they tried to make the phones and tablets LOOK like a computer so if you own all 3 they look and run (kind of) the same (sliding tiles game, anyone?.) but I don't have a Windows phone anymore and I don't have a Surface tablet, and I don't run Windows 8 on any of my computers.
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/31/15 03:30 AM
Eddie

BIAB will run on a Windows tablet like the Surface or the Acer one I have but due to differing processors you wouldn't be able to run BIAB on a Windows phone.

Time may change that!

Kevin smile
Posted By: raymb1 Re: BIAB saves the day! - 10/31/15 02:13 PM
Someday...........................
© PG Music Forums