Anything else out there that is a no brainer..... grin
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 12:46 PM
How about EzMix2 for $29.95!

++ EzMix2 ++
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 12:51 PM
While we are looking at Toontracks. Can we ever have too many drums?? $19.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZXRock
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 12:57 PM
EZXRock is an expansion pack. You need a program like EzDrums to run it.

The Ezkey in your first link is a much better deal in my opinion. But they are all good deals ... if you have the money.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 12:58 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
While we are looking at Toontracks. Can we ever have too many drums?? $19.00

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZXRock

True but be sure to read the fine print:
Requires EZdrummer or Superior Drummer software
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:03 PM
Mario, you know I am a big EZdrummer 2 fan...
Posted By: Joe V Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:05 PM
So I've never heard of these - which would be your top 3 for someone who doesn't have any of these ? Is the sampled sound the attraction - or the composition tools ? Do their accompaniment functions parallel our very own and favorite PG Music bundles ?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:07 PM
Mario, you know I am a big EZdrummer 2 fan...

Yes I know now! I just put that out there just in case someone thought that they were getting a whole drum package.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe V
So I've never heard of these - which would be your top 3 for someone who doesn't have any of these ? Is the sampled sound the attraction - or the composition tools ? Do their accompaniment functions parallel our very own and favorite PG Music bundles ?

EZdrummer 2 is a fantastic package. Down right fun to use. But each of the Toontracks packages (EXMix, EZDrummer2, or EZKeys...) is an investment in the addons. So you really have to think about just how much you want to invest. They run deals at different times of the year for the EZDrummer 2 when they throw in several of the addons. That sale is not now...

EZmix I don't know much about.

EZkeys has always looked interesting to me (I love piano). So this sale to get a starter kit is a no brainer for me.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:23 PM
Joe,

The EzMix2 software program is normally $179. If you are just starting in mixing or still learning how to effectively use effects the program ships with more than 300 signal chain presets designed to perform specific tasks like enhance vocals, acoustic guitar or drums. At $29 This can be a great learning tool as well as a timesaver.

EzKeys makes semi custom midi tracks for keyboard. The particular package on sale includes multiple electric piano virtual instruments that add to the sound pallet. You can use it as a composation tool just as you would BiaB or import and export midi tracks to use the two tools together.

Jazzmandan,

Thanks for sharing the Sweetwater sale. There are some fabulous deals this year.
Posted By: Joe V Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:33 PM
Jim - can the EZMix2 effect be used in real time for example during a jam or performance - or do they have to be added post-recording ?

You can spend A LOT of money on the many EZMix additional packages - can anyone comment on the particular packages they've purchased in addition to the EzMix 2 plugin ?
Posted By: rharv Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 01:58 PM
Lots of info here
http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezmix-pre-sales/
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/26/15 04:51 PM
Joe V,

One of the videos I viewed at Sweetwater shows EzMix2 used in real time to process a direct input electric guitar signal. However, no information is available concerning the computer used in the video demo so there is not a good way to judge how much computer resources are needed.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/27/15 11:36 AM
Have a couple hours under my belt with EZKeys having pushed the button yesterday. Pretty happy with the decision. Seems a good value at <$30.

Here is the good news. smile I love what EZkeys allows me to set up chords in a sequence. No 4 chord per bar limitation here in this midi world. Fast and flexible voicing and super=midi files, with good integration into my DAW and notation software working as both a standalone app and as an insert track into Reaper.

Here is the bad news. frown I appreciate the occasional need for a electic piano, unfortunately I am not a big fan in my music. This $30 package features the Clavinet D6 and Pianet, sample sounds only. As test I set up a full midi track in EZKeys then in Reaper switched the VST to my beloved and wonderful Pianoteq. Now that is the sound I love for my pianos. EZkeys has a "grand piano" and an upright piano, and they may be the sound I am looking for, but each is $179!!!

This is the problem with ALL the EZStuff. You can spend a boat load of cash looking for the right sounds. But isn't that the issue with all this music stuff.... grin

Other than that this EZKeys is a good buy and I don't regret my investment in EZDrummer2 - since that is so much fun to play with.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/27/15 12:08 PM
Oh, Oh, I just discovered a discounted option to get me the Grand... for $79

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZkeysExp
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/27/15 05:29 PM
I'm looking for Ozone. Has anybody seen Isotope Ozone 7 on any 'Black Friday' special pricing?
Trev
Posted By: rharv Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/27/15 06:56 PM
Upgrade or new?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ozone7Up
Posted By: sslechta Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/27/15 07:33 PM
Yeah, upgrade pricing has been decent.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/28/15 12:28 AM
No upgrade, New required. Also looking for Nectar

It seems that Izotope forgot about offering specials....
Posted By: Joe V Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/28/15 10:33 AM
Alright - you guys are helping the economy !!! I recently purchased the Behringer Midi interface (thanks Rysard) and just about to buy EZMix.

But Dan - you piqued my curiosity about EZDruumer - if I do get it I will wait for the specials, but what does it give me that PG Music does not ?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/28/15 11:02 AM

But Dan - you piqued my curiosity about EZDruumer - if I do get it I will wait for the specials, but what does it give me that PG Music does not ?

For programming drum tracks "ITS THE USER INTERFACE". And EZD2 just is so cool and so fun the drums just fly.

I still use RealDrums the great majority of the time. They are simple, quick and they sound good.

But there are times when you just need to hear specific hits and crashes which RDs are not designed to provide. For years I used Jamstix for those occasions. And I still love to tinker in JS. I had a copy of EZD and it just did not do it for me. But when EZDrummer 2 was introduced early last year, it was a game changer.

There are tons of youtube videos on EZD2. Check out the dude with the long beard! He is one of the developers. I think there is even a demo you can download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQN3cX4Csc

EZD2 gets my recommendation for cool factor as well as easy of use, flexibility and great sounds. I know others here use EZD2. Would be nice to hear from them.

By the way the more I invest in ToonTrack products the more I appreciate what BIAB actually does. These other products combined with BIAB really do provide value.
Posted By: Joe V Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/28/15 11:13 AM
Hey all,

While we're in the 'spending money' and 'looking for deals' mode - even more so than usual - how about paid subscriptions for videos and lesson libraries ?

Any great deals there ? And which sites are the best for more advanced players, all of who frequent this site I would put in that category (nothing more disappointing than joining a site and then realizing most of the lessons are very elementary).

I recall perusing the Truefire site recommended previously by one of our own and really being impressed - but never pulled the trigger.

Also - I'm interested not just in guitar, but ALL instruments - I like to doodle with mandolin, banjo, bass, keyboard, and drums,though guitar is my main instrument.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/28/15 01:57 PM
Darn, here is another one I have been looking at for a while. How do I pass up this for $19 usd?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Vielklang2LE

But wait, LTBB.

This is the LE version and yes it at a rock bottom pricing, but ... the LE version "...does not have the ability to edit each harmony sound that it creates including volume, vibrato, midi control, etc."

No volume editing of the harmony? And you cannot place the harmony on a track separate from the main vocal? That does not sound good to me.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/29/15 03:22 PM
Hey all,

While we're in the 'spending money' and 'looking for deals' mode - even more so than usual - how about paid subscriptions for videos and lesson libraries ?

Any great deals there ? And which sites are the best for more advanced players, all of who frequent this site I would put in that category (nothing more disappointing than joining a site and then realizing most of the lessons are very elementary).

I recall perusing the Truefire site recommended previously by one of our own and really being impressed - but never pulled the trigger.

Also - I'm interested not just in guitar, but ALL instruments - I like to doodle with mandolin, banjo, bass, keyboard, and drums,though guitar is my main instrument.

Joe,

I don't know if you've ever visited the groove3.com website but it's definately worth a visit. The site has an "all access" monthly subscription service. I purchased two tutorial series and have been pleased with both purchases. They really put a lot of effort into having well written scripts and seamless video editing. Each subject is broken down into about three or four minute segments so subject material is easy to find and understandable to watch.
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/29/15 03:43 PM
Darn, here is another one I have been looking at for a while. How do I pass up this for $19 usd?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Vielklang2LE

But wait, LTBB.

This is the LE version and yes it at a rock bottom pricing, but ... the LE version "...does not have the ability to edit each harmony sound that it creates including volume, vibrato, midi control, etc."

No volume editing of the harmony? And you cannot place the harmony on a track separate from the main vocal? That does not sound good to me.

Hi,
Although all of the above is true an easy workaround for "And you cannot place the harmony on a track separate from the main vocal?"
Just highlight and delete the main vocal line or desired harmony nodes in Vielklang2LE and export the rest.
Been using this for a while now and it does produce workable harmonies.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Black Friday Sales - 11/29/15 05:58 PM
Thanks for that info.
© PG Music Forums