PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Prayers for Texas - 12/28/15 11:06 AM
Texas got slammed this week. Tornadoes at Christmas in the DFW area and a blizzard across the panhandle into the New Mexico area. I heard that Roswell NM has 18 inches and is expecting 6 to 8 more as is the panhandle area. I've seen the video from local news stations in the DFW area and the destruction and loss of homes, businesses, and life is dumbfounding. It will be hard, especially the first few days and weeks, but they will survive and rebuild and emerge stronger for it.

My daughter and son in law were in the Mesquite area visiting his folks for Christmas when the tornado came through. One of the tornadoes touched down only 4 miles away. They were very fortunate to have missed the destruction that other large areas saw.

I know Beagle is in that area....I think he's on the other side of the DFW area. I'm not sure who else here is in that area that might have been affected. My prayers to each and every one of you and all the people there.

You didn't have to be hit to be affected. Our town here in Wilson was hit a few years ago with several tornadoes that did some major damage and it was like the entire town was sucker punched. People pulled together and the areas have mostly recovered now. Some things were rebuilt and others were bulldozed into history. No one will ever forget that day and the things we saw and experienced. My prayers go out to the families affected both directly and indirectly.

My daughter had a hard time getting a flight out. So many flights were canceled and she finally made it to NC last night at 2am.

We were so glad our extended family in Texas is OK. Others were not so fortunate.

Keep Texas, and the people affected by this, in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Prayers for Texas - 12/28/15 11:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgwJfoZ-12c

This video was one of the "small" tornadoes that came through Wilson and damaged Wilson businesses and homes. A good friend, Steve Hoag, shot the video from his work truck. It didn't seem too big until it got closer. It missed him by only a hundred yards or so.

The power of those storms is awesome and devastating. I can't imagine being close to or in a large one.
Posted By: Beagle Re: Prayers for Texas - 12/28/15 04:28 PM
yep, I live west of where the tornadoes hit, we got storms and a lot of wind, but the tornadoes didn't hit close to us. DFW is a very large area (the "metroplex" is over 9,000 sq miles!).

there are many people in the DFW area affected, however and many who have lost their lives, have been injured and many who have lost their homes and businesses. here is the official blog of the American Red Cross regarding the storms in DFW: https://redcrossdfw.wordpress.com/2015/12/26/red-cross-responds-to-tornadoes-across-north-texas-in-december/

there's a couple of links there, one will help you search for loved ones you've lost contact with in the area and the other will lead you to the Red Cross website where you can donate to help the RC help the victims of the storms
Posted By: ROG Re: Prayers for Texas - 12/28/15 08:29 PM
Hi Herb.

The destruction in Texas made the national TV news in the UK this week, despite the fact that most of the news time has been taken up with the catastrophic floods here in the North of England.

Our thought are with all the people who have suffered loss at the hands of these unprecedented weather conditions, on both sides of the Atlantic.

ROG.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Prayers for Texas - 12/29/15 03:49 AM
We're sending our best wishes that our PG friends up north have escaped issues.
(Wildfires burning in this part of the world too, no one's getting a rest...)
© PG Music Forums