PG Music Home
Posted By: HearToLearn Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/09/16 09:11 PM
Flowers smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/09/16 09:29 PM
Not only was that great but it also brought back a fond memory.

One day I came home from work and surprised my wife with a dozen roses. She immediately inspected our car for damage thinking I must have gotten into an accident! After discovering there was no damage she wanted to know what I had done! She actually thought I had bought another guitar!

PS- that was years ago and also the last time I tried to surprise my wife with flowers!
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/10/16 11:14 AM
We gig on Valentines day and have done so for as many years as I can remember.

I always had roses delivered to the gig while we were working. It cost a little extra, but it was worth it for the smile.

Then we saw a documentary about the workers in Latin America growing and processing the roses and their exposure to potent insecticides and carcinogens.

I know they need the work and are happy to get the job, but we both agreed, we can't participate in poisoning people -- so no more flowers.

I get her something else instead (which turns out to be more expensive but worth it)

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/10/16 01:03 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

One day I came home from work and surprised my wife with a dozen roses. She immediately inspected our car for damage thinking I must have gotten into an accident! After discovering there was no damage she wanted to know what I had done! She actually thought I had bought another guitar!

PS- that was years ago and also the last time I tried to surprise my wife with flowers!

Wow! So it's true! That's usually where this humor comes from...a little bit of truth!

Thanks for sharing that!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/10/16 01:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
We gig on Valentines day and have done so for as many years as I can remember.

I always had roses delivered to the gig while we were working. It cost a little extra, but it was worth it for the smile.

Then we saw a documentary about the workers in Latin America growing and processing the roses and their exposure to potent insecticides and carcinogens.

I know they need the work and are happy to get the job, but we both agreed, we can't participate in poisoning people -- so no more flowers.

I get her something else instead (which turns out to be more expensive but worth it)

Your wife didn't happen to find this article and give it to you to get more expensive gifts, did she? (of course I'm kidding)

I think it's great that you two are so on the same page with this kind of thing. It's really important to consider things as you have mentioned!

Also, I love that you are a giving husband. That's really great to see smile
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/10/16 07:00 PM

I would get the EXACT same treatment Mario!

later,
Posted By: MarioD Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/10/16 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Danny C.

I would get the EXACT same treatment Mario!

later,

Somehow brother I knew that wink
Posted By: MikeK Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/11/16 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

That's too funny! LOL! I bought flowers for my wife and she said it was a waste of money, as they don't last. SO, now we're down to a nice dinner and a Valentine's card (I always pick the right ones, it seems LOL!).

Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Valentine's Day? Nope... - 02/11/16 09:59 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
<...snip...>

Also, I love that you are a giving husband. That's really great to see smile

I get back way more than I give. Or at least it seems that way.

BTW, I did buy her two guitars, but they were birthday presents. And if I want, I get to play them wink

© PG Music Forums