PG Music Home
There are a confusing number of options available online which only confuses an inexperienced shopper so I'm relying on my PG friends for recommendations.

I prefer buying from Amazon where they have literally hundreds of models and prices.

A main consideration is: Battery-life per charge. Also, proper fit and ear comfort after prolonged wearing.

I intend to use them in my room, driven by my desktop computer, which is Bluetooth compatible, AND in the gazebo driven by my Dynavox Maestro, also Bluetooth-ready.

I respect you friends' advice and input.

Target price range: Under $50

Thanks.

Don
I do not, Don, and will be interested in what you find.

Keep in mind the inherent range limitation of Bluetooth devices, which is about 30 feet maximum and less than that through walls. Will this still work for you?
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I do not, Don, and will be interested in what you find.

Keep in mind the inherent range limitation of Bluetooth devices, which is about 30 feet maximum and less than that through walls. Will this still work for you?

Thanks, Matt.

Yes, when in my room, I'm 10' from desktop computer. When in gazebo, I'm 2' from Maestro. Both sources are Bluetooth-ready.

I'll be sure to report results pro/con.

Thanks.

Don

This is my configuration when in the gazebo.

Attached File
Donny.JPG  (11 downloads)
Don, I've had great sound quality from a Bluetooth speaker, JBL Flip 3 for about double your budget but a righteous sounding device. Pairs easily with many different devices. Does it have to be an earpiece?
My aide must put them in my ears for me thus the question about fit. In the gazebo, the Bluetooth source is the device mounted in front of me in the picture.

I would have nowhere to mount additional hardware.

I do like JBL products, however.

Don
I found that most earbuds or headphones are made with smartphones etc. in mind and don't automatically have A2DP drivers for bluetooth included, and windows 7 doesn't have them either. I don't know if windows includes them in 8, or 10. It seems that if you use the headsets/earbuds with a usb dongle you are ok. So check that out before you buy.
Originally Posted By: sinbad
I found that most earbuds or headphones are made with smartphones etc. in mind and don't automatically have A2DP drivers for bluetooth included, and windows 7 doesn't have them either. I don't know if windows includes them in 8, or 10. It seems that if you use the headsets/earbuds with a usb dongle you are ok. So check that out before you buy.

Chris,

I have used Bluetooth Keyboards with both my desktop and my Dynavox so, I'm guessing earbuds will "handshake" correctly. No dongle necessary.

Don
© PG Music Forums