PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike sings Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/25/16 03:25 PM
Sam Hacker (Wiensam), forummember, expat Brit from Vienna and fellow musician is no longer wih us. I don't know the how, what or when. I read on his Facebook page that he has passed away.

Sam was pretty active on the PG music forums and has been a beta-tester for some time. We have spoken several times over the telephone and once, when he was here in the Netherlands, he visited a gig I did. I got to know him as a warm person and we had a lot of laughs. He had a characteristic low, raspy voice wich suited the repertoire of Johny Cash perfectly.

Sorry to be the bringer of this sad news, but I thought I had to let you know.

Posted By: DrDan Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/25/16 04:08 PM
I remember him well as quite a character which came across in the forums by his writing and contribution. There were some videos of him I recall performing at a biker bar or church service of some kind. He was also an actor and stage performer. A character indeed. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: jford Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/25/16 04:24 PM
May Wiensam rest in piece. I never met him personally, but we had a few private message chats over the years. Sad news, indeed.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 12:50 AM
So sad to hear about Sam (real name Simon Heathcote-Parker). I also communicated with him in earlier times and was just thinking about him a couple of weeks ago.
I recall that one of our forum members (whose name escapes me - a young lady from Germany or Austria who plays gypsy guitar) lived relatively closeby to Sam, and I understand that they did meet up on occasions.

Thanks for letting us know, Mike.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 01:01 AM
Oh, I just remembered; it was Sandra Sherman.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 01:02 AM
Yes, Sam was a most colorful character.

You are thinking of forum member and Vienna resident Sandra Sherman.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 11:25 AM
I remember several circuitous PMs with Sam. Great memories.

RIP, Simon.

Donny
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 03:59 PM
RIP Sam . . .
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/26/16 04:15 PM
Sam and I developed enough of a relationship that we communicated by private email. I stopped hearing from him years ago, though. I recently found his profile on Facebook and sent a message, but never heard back. He was always interesting, and I am sorry to see him go. What more is known about his death?

Richard
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/27/16 08:09 PM
Rest now Sam...
Posted By: gibson Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/27/16 10:45 PM
RIP, Sam
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/28/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
What more is known about his death?

I think Simon (Sam) was a relatively young man. 40-ish! Wow! Where does that leave me and Bob Dylan at 75?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/28/16 03:03 PM
I believe he was older than that, perhaps around 60. This is from something he said many years ago and I may have remembered it wrong (because I'm well older than that).
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/28/16 05:03 PM
RIP Simon.

Simon Heathcote-Parker / A.K.A. Sam Hacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRRzvrIvro
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 02:01 AM
RIP Wiensam.

I always enjoyed his comments on the forum.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 06:46 AM
Many of us on the forum are getting old enough that such announcements are bound to become more and more common as time marches on.

I liked WienSam, and I certainly hope he rests in peace. But now my thoughts are more on the people who are still here.

I hope everybody on the forum seriously considers attending the 2017 forum get together in New York. You never know when the opportunity to meet someone might end.
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 10:02 AM
Sad to hear about Sam, must have been very recent as his facebook page was updated on 18 April.

https://www.facebook.com/simon.m.heathcoteparker

Sams youtube page,

https://www.youtube.com/user/wiensam

Great talent especially minicking all different accents from different countries.

Will miss him on forum.

Axey
Posted By: MikeK Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 02:43 PM
Very sad ... WienSam, you will be missed!!! RIP!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 03:55 PM
A further clue: Sam graduated from a London high school in 1977. That would make him about 57, 58.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 04:06 PM
Now, that's closer to my estimation! I think he mentioned his age once early on.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 05/29/16 09:45 PM
RIP Simon
Posted By: SimCityAT Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/11/16 06:57 AM
I knew Simon for 7 years in Austria. His health had been going down hill for some time.

From what we know is that he had a sore throat, he took Throat lozenge. He chocked on it and had a heart attack.

His body was taken back to the UK where he is was laid to rest.
Posted By: DennisD Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/12/16 01:34 PM
I am sorry to hear of Sam's passing. As mostly a forum "lurker" I enjoyed his many comments and differing views. His contributions are what made this forum interesting. Starting to get scary as I reflect on my own age and some of the other forum members who have passed on. RIP Sam. DennisD
Posted By: SimCityAT Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/13/16 12:32 PM
57, would be have bben 58 this year
Posted By: musiclover Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/13/16 12:44 PM
Wien Sam was indeed a Larger than life character. Used to enjoy reading his posts on the forum, one time he used to post regularly then all of sudden stopped. After someone enquired about him he answered on forum again, so seems was a lurker as well.

Did you know him very well, and see him often Sim?

I noticed in one of his youtube videos that he was a smoker, maybe that had a detrimental effect on his health (as it usually does with heavy smokers remember Ray Thigpen from forum) we will never know.

Sam had a list of qualifications as long as your arm, and come to think of it he always seemed to have a lady on it as well, from his posts on the forum.

Often wondered why he never posted as much in last few years, and will be sadly missed on forum.

Musiclover
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/13/16 06:34 PM
RIP

J&B
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/15/16 02:24 PM
I really want to know more. Perhaps you can help. Information is scarce, but I have discovered that he is interred at Beaulieu Cemetery and that he or his family were members of a group of churches linked below. His family are mentioned in the newsletter. I am willing to contact them if necessary, but would like to know as much as possible first.

Richard

http://beaulieuchurches.org.uk/newsletter/321-newsletter-5th-june-2016
Posted By: musiclover Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/15/16 04:08 PM
Good detective work Ryzard, a further google brought up this,

https://www.facebook.com/bca.vienna/photos/a.262250933975536.1073741829.220765841457379/514922618708365/?type=3

Just hard to believe that Sam won't post again on forum, was always trying to make it in music, maybe that is why we could all identify with him.

Musiclover
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/15/16 08:55 PM
Sam's "theme song" was "Follow That Dream", he had a link to it after his PG signature.

I can only hope that he did,
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/17/16 02:06 AM
MusicLover, that's a great lead. I'll follow up shortly. Thanks.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Sam Hacker has left the stage - 08/18/16 01:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Sam's passing. I never met him personally nor did I converse with him very often, but I enjoyed listening to his music. The world is a lesser place without him. R.I.P. Sam.....
© PG Music Forums