PG Music Home
Did you know that PG Music Inc. is located in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)?

Victoria, BC is located on Vancouver Island. Don't let the name fool you, we are not located in Vancouver (a common mistake...)

Our city is home to and endless list of attractions, including: the Legislature Building (we are the capital city of British Columbia), the Craigdarroch Castle, loads of Art Galleries, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, CFB Esquimalt, and loads of other great tourist stops! We are also lucky enough to have a huge music scene (a few of our PG Team members perform often!).

There has also been a lot of movies and TV shows filmed here - including X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: The Last Stand (Royal Roads University is the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)!

Want to learn more about Victoria? Visit the Tourism Victoria website: www.tourismvictoria.com/

Have any of you been lucky enough to visit Victoria (or Vancouver Island)? If so, what was your favorite place or moment?

When I was 17, I visited Victoria for the first time and fell in love with the city! It made such a strong impression on me - so I moved to Victoria in 2001 and made it my home. My favorite part of living here is access to what I call my "West Coast Rainforest" trails - there are hundreds of beautiful places to go to walk my dogs!
Thanks Callie. Some of us who have been here for many years do indeed know this. Peter has even mentioned it.

A few others here have visited your business and posted reports. All have said it is a gorgeous place to live and work.
The address I have is pgmusic.com... I could never find it on gps.

Thanks Callie. Interesting information from a great company!
Great information Callie. Thanks
Posted By: GHinCH Re: #FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc? - 09/24/16 05:49 AM
The address is on the website: http://www.pgmusic.com/about.htm

You can even look at the building using street view.
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Have any of you been lucky enough to visit Victoria (or Vancouver Island)? If so, what was your favorite place or moment?

I have been to Victoria, maybe 20 years ago. Very cool place indeed! An old friend of mine owns Cordova Bay Records which is located there.
Being the son of Canadian parents AND having lived in Seattle for many years, I visited our wonderful Northern neighbors often.

Friends in Port Coquitlum, BC would also visit us.

Canadian hospitality is second to none. I've found that true wherever Winters are harsh. The coffee is always on and eagerly offered.

I have many wonderful memories but Canadian beer stands out in my mind. It's 6% rather than 3.2% alcohol so the floor comes up to meet you sooner.

The scenic Camloops Drive is breathtaking, especially during colorful Autumn.

Canadians are wonderful folks, eh!

Warning: Don't mention the word "hockey" when in a hurry to leave a pub! Wayne Gretzky is a divine entity, always remove your hat and mukluks when uttering his name.

A Canadian "Beer Fridge" is anywhere outdoors between July and April every year. Mosquitoes are large enough to appear on Radar. Loons are immortalized on Canadian currency. They refer to the US as the "Southern Provinces". They often drive down just for our American Bacon Pizzas. Great neighbors, but strange.

The Canucks have always been first to help us during national emergencies. I only hope we've been good neighbors in return.

"Have you hugged a Canadian yet today?"

Addendum: When motoring North on Hwy 99 or I-5 you'll hit a burg named Vancouver. That means you're still in Washington but you're heading in the right direction. Be patient, Grasshopper!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: #FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc? - 09/24/16 02:15 PM
maybe one of these days I'll come to meet y'all. Sounds like a place I'd love to see first hand... full of people I'd like to meet in person!

Maybe during the 2018 West Coast BIAB forum bash?
(OK, I planted the seed.. lets see if anybody else waters it... I'd kind of like to see it grow into something...)
Before our US currency became variegated in recent years, I enjoyed teasing the Canadian waitresses: "Now, that was two blues, a puce, and one magenta, eh?"
I know you have awesome mountain biking and hiking trails. And that's what we spend the vast majority of our time doing!
Posted By: jazzsax Re: #FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc? - 09/25/16 02:15 PM
When last in Victoria I called PG to see if they allowed visitors but sadly they indicated there was nothing to see. I love the island and its beauty. I do miss some of the traditional stores downtown that have been replaced by souvenir shops and fast food. Love the entertainment at the waterfront in front of the Empress.
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Being the son of Canadian parents AND having lived in Seattle for many years, I visited our wonderful Northern neighbors often.

Friends in Port Coquitlum, BC would also visit us.

Canadian hospitality is second to none. I've found that true wherever Winters are harsh. The coffee is always on and eagerly offered.

I have many wonderful memories but Canadian beer stands out in my mind. It's 6% rather than 3.2% alcohol so the floor comes up to meet you sooner.

The scenic Camloops Drive is breathtaking, especially during colorful Autumn.

Canadians are wonderful folks, eh!

Warning: Don't mention the word "hockey" when in a hurry to leave a pub! Wayne Gretzky is a divine entity, always remove your hat and mukluks when uttering his name.

A Canadian "Beer Fridge" is anywhere outdoors between July and April every year. Mosquitoes are large enough to appear on Radar. Loons are immortalized on Canadian currency. They refer to the US as the "Southern Provinces". They often drive down just for our American Bacon Pizzas. Great neighbors, but strange.

The Canucks have always been first to help us during national emergencies. I only hope we've been good neighbors in return.

"Have you hugged a Canadian yet today?"

Addendum: When motoring North on Hwy 99 or I-5 you'll hit a burg named Vancouver. That means you're still in Washington but you're heading in the right direction. Be patient, Grasshopper!

This is the definitive guide to Canada, it should be printed out and given to every American crossing the border!
© PG Music Forums