PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 05:44 AM
Hi Guys
I have made a playlist on Youtube for some Christmas songs. Please could you add your favourite Christmas songs to it? You are welcome to add your own songs or any others that you like.

Use this link.

YouTube Christmas Playlist

Looking forward to discovering some great songs this Xmas.
Posted By: Buford Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 07:28 AM
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Guys
I have made a playlist on Youtube for some Christmas songs. Please could you add your favourite Christmas songs to it? You are welcome to add your own songs or any others that you like.

Use this link.

YouTube Christmas Playlist

Looking forward to discovering some great songs this Xmas.

Hi Joanne...

I added "Christmas for Cowboys", John Denver. Love that song no matter how many times I've played it live. Folks here love it. And today it's REALLY starting to feel like Christmas with snow and 10 degree temps. Brrr.

Thanks,
BB
Bob, that is just lovely. Thank you. I am discovering new stuff by JD all the time. Gonna try learn that one before Sunday.
Don't know how to add to the list so I'll post the link and let you do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw8-OK1-aC0

Tine Thing Helseth In the Bleak Midwinter. Never heard this tune until one of the gents in the Sonar forum recorded it a few years ago. The melody is quite haunting.
Awesome! We have seven tracks now. Old toy trains submitted by pgboemike and in the bleak midwinter from herb. I wish I had started this a week ago to get ideas for my last streetjelly show....
Posted By: MarioD Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 11:19 AM
I like Blue Christmas by Elvis. It makes me think of all the people whom has lost a loved one and/or have no family at Christmas time. We have taken a couple of them in for Christmas dinner.
To add to the playlist just press the link above and you should get to this screen.
Then press "Add Videos". I think you have to be logged onto Google though to get this button. smirk

Thanks Mario. I have added that!
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 12:51 PM
ah the possibilities which to choose underrated christmas songs
Originally Posted By: pghboemike
ah the possibilities which to choose underrated christmas songs

Please feel free to add some more Mike smile
Posted By: Buford Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 01:06 PM
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Bob, that is just lovely. Thank you. I am discovering new stuff by JD all the time. Gonna try learn that one before Sunday.

grin That's just wonderful of you!
Can't wait to hear you do it on StreetJelly!

BB
Posted By: jford Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 01:18 PM
Joanne -

I just added "O Holy Night" by the New Orleans All Stars, which was featured on the television show "Studio 60" to showcase literally New Orleans all stars who were displaced by hurricane Katrina.

It's a beautiful instrumental version.
Posted By: jford Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 01:24 PM
I also added one of my favorite Christmas songs (which I will be singing at church on December 18th): Christmas In The Trenches, by John McCutcheon. It's about the World War I Christmas truce, where the enemies laid down their weapons and both sides celebrated Christmas, for at least a short time, until they resumed fighting.
Posted By: jford Re: Favourite Christmas songs on YouTube - 12/09/16 01:31 PM
And finally, since he just passed away, I added Greg Lake singing "I Believe in Father Christmas" (with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull).
Thank you John. I look forward to listening to those.
Hi All.
I now have over 50 songs in this playlist. Please feel free to add some more of your favourites! Variety is the spice of life.
© PG Music Forums