PG Music Home
. . . but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Vistabits. BB just says it isn't a valid VST plugin and won't load it.

This was being discussed in another thread, I just can't recall which to insert it there. I hope that whoever was interested will see the answer here.

That would leave da winnah, and still champeen: Coyote Forte.
That's strange... I've used the TTS-1 with Band-in-a-Box and RealBand on my XP machine, and it works and sounds great.
The reason it won't load as a VSTi is because............read your own title.
It's both, turkey. It won't load as either.
You may be mistaken. The one I have is DXi only. Came with Sonar. I find no mention in searching of the Roland TTS-1 being a VSTi.
I have Sonar 5.2 and my TTS-1 is DXi. I do not have a TTS-1 VSTi nor have I ever heard of a VSTi version. That’s not to say there isn’t one it’s just that I have not heard of one. What version of Sonar are you using?

I am using the TTS-1 DXi in BiaB on a Win XP Pro 32 bit system.
What I think it is is irrelevant. It was, in fact, in a directory labeled as DXi. I simply quoted what BIAB said when I attempted to load it.
Does it work in Nuendo?
I have Sonar 7 Studio Edition.

I have TTS-1. It is only a DXi. I do not see it listed in the VSTi folder, although it is in the DXi folder. Other applications may vary.

In the Real Band forum, I indicated that TTS-1 WILL work with Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition, but will take some work to get it to load.

Gary
Quote:

What I think it is is irrelevant. It was, in fact, in a directory labeled as DXi. I simply quoted what BIAB said when I attempted to load it.

I doubled check and my BiaB labels everything as VST/DXi (insert synth name).

Sometimes when I load the TTS-1 BiaB will give me a “something’s wrong I have to shut down” message. I shut down and reopen Biab and the TTS-1 is now the default synth.

Have you tried this?
Quote:

Does it work in Nuendo?

Don't know--Nuendo is on another machine which is running XP Pro. Hadn't thought to try. I'll give it a go when I can port the TTS-1 files over. Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote:

Sometimes when I load the TTS-1 BiaB will give me a “something’s wrong I have to shut down” message. I shut down and reopen Biab and the TTS-1 is now the default synth.

Have you tried this?

Many times.
Richard you called me a turkey for saying it was only a DXi. I think you best get down on your hands and knees and start gobblin"
Rest assured I'll also not be replying to any more of your comments or questions.
Come'on. Let's don't start another fight over words. He probably feels familiar enough with you to kid around. Take it as a friendly rib and let it go. Works for me. We're all brothers and sisters here ya know. Someone's gonna say something without intent from time to time. I've been yelled at and someone's said something from time to time and I don't care. I just take it as no intent meant. If he did, so what? Let it go.
Russ,
I'm not mad at all. It's just he doesn't want to hear anything unless he agrees. I'm just always throwing wet squirrels at him. He doesn't like it so I won't do it. If I can't give an honest answer to a question I rather not say anything. That's why I never comment on anyone's songs.
Turkeys, wet squirrels?

You guys sure talk funny.
Oye` Mate. Y'all otta here us talk in Louisiana.
Quote:

The reason it won't load as a VSTi is because............read your own title.

ST,

The two statements are not mutually exclusive. The .dll is what it is, and BIAB said what it said. I had nothing to do with either, except for making the observation.

It's funny. I really believe you are one of the good guys here, but for some reason you choose to express yourself quite negatively when addressing me. Usually I let it pass; this does not mean I am unaware of it.

And not only me. Why, unlike everyone else who weighed in, would you occupy screen after screen of forum space by individually listing thousands of Styles by name? That's bizarre; apparently you don't think so. (And I don't think the list is copyrighted by your wife. Did you even read the list before sending?)

I value anyone's input, even when it contains negative information. I'm teachable. And as I said, I think you're a valuable member here. But you might want to examine your mode of expression. Or are you unaware that your notes often come across as sarcastic and demeaning?

R.

P.S.: If we'd been face to face when I called you "turkey", none of this would have arisen, because you would have seen me smiling. Methinks thou dost protest overmuch--as in, you know EXACTLY the effects your words have.
After I take the photo's off the camera you all can laugh.

Had a turkey on my deck. He didn't realise the BBQ was like 2 feet away.

I spilled some bird seed yesterday, the squirrrel proof type. On my glass patio table. Talk turkey on line and go for a coffee and a turkey is eating off my table.

Squirrels, chipmunks, a hawk, goldfinches, cardinals, blue jays, 2 skunks, (Mom and kid), and 5 Racoons in the last 2 days. Been busy since my border collie died and left the back yard up for grabs.

The wife is mad cause her huge raspberry patch is going to ripen this week and she has enough problems with birds. Last year the robins were feeding berries to their babies, first time I saw that. Saw 12 deer 2 doors down last week, they so far have stayed out of my yard.
Gary:
(Trying to get this thing back on track -- to the original important question), you posted in another thread : Roland TTS-1 WILL work in BIAB and Real Band using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. In BIAB, you may need to finagle it a little bit, by choosing to use DXi/VSTi and then telling it you don't want any synth in there, or BIAB will crash (at least on my system). However, once you get it selected, in both programs, it appears to work just fine.
Gary"

I would like to know more about what you mean by "finagle it a little bit," because I can't get it to work (Vista Home Premium 64-bit, Sonar 8PE with TTS-1 Dxi, BB/RB brand new.

Thanks, Brad.
Ditto.
Okay,
What happened was this.

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

What I did was clicked the Use DXi/VSTi button, didn't select ANY DXi and then closed the window. I got a message saying that there was no synth selected, which was fine, I clicked okay.

I closed the Opt/MIDI window, and it worked.

THEN, I went to the DXi button on the tool bar, and opened that, and selected the TTS-1.

Any time you open the Opt/MIDI devices window, though, with the DXI/VSTi selected, BIAB seems to crash, so it's kind of a backdoor way to get there. But, I'm listening to the TTS-1 playing in BIAB right now.

As to RB, kind of the same thing, and once I got it set up, and in a Synth slot, I could just go to the synth slot and for that track and select it. Also the 'Set all Tracks to TTS-1' worked as well.

Gary
Quote:

Open up the Opt/MIDI Devices. I don't have the Forte installed on this computer. I set the Use DXi/VSTi button, and it opened the select panel. I chose TTS-1, and it closed. When I went to close the Opt/MIDI Device window, BIAB would crash...repeatedly.

Interesting, I've seen this before but not all the time. It's one of several weird problems that will crop up occasionally. This kind of thing, along with flaky ASIO and the well known VSTi tempo lock bug in Real Band are things I've talked about in other threads saying they should fix before they work on adding new features. If it really happens all the time Gary, I would report it to support. Right now, it's ok on my system. I just switched between Forte, TTS-1 and the VSC several times without a hitch but it has happened to me. I'm on XP SP3. I remember a few months back I spent some time trying to figure out if I did something to cause it but never found anything. It just seemed to happen randomly. Stuff like this I don't post about because it's not repeatable but in your case it looks like it is.

Bob
I tried selecting no VST/DXi instrument. I got the "You will hear no sound, OK?" message. I continue to get the "TTS-1 is not a valid VST" whether I choose the TTS-1 from the Options/MIDI menu or from the DXi Toolbar button. BIAB crashed completely a couple of times while repeating the process.

Who can confirm whether or not I have the correct files, or whether their location is an issue? In directory "TTS-1" (which I have put in the BB directory) I have TTS-1.dll; index_e.htm; in "Help" subdirectory, index_e.css and index_e.htm (again); in "Gif" subdirectory are five images labeled index_e-x.gif, where x is a number from 1 to 5.
Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST. The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located. Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list. Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

Gary
Gary:

He must be trying the add VSTi option because it doesn't appear on the drop-down list -- it doesn't appear on mine either, no matter what I do, and the TTS-1.dll is still in the cakewalk directory as you suggest. And so I have had no luck either.

Could it be that Vista Ultimate OS does something different than Home Premium? I don't know enough about OSs to guess.

Brad
Quote:

Rys,
I don't know why anything would tell you that it's not a valid VST.

Well, it does.

Quote:

The ONLY thing that I can think of is that you are not attempting to select it from the drop down list, but that you are going to 'Load VSTi' and going to the directory where the TTS-1 is located.

True.

Quote:

Don't do that, if you are. The TTS-1 should be in the drop down menu list.

It isn't.

Quote:

Furthermore, the TTS-1 should be left in the Cakewalk directory where it was loaded.

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

Quote:

Use the button (I forget which one, I'm not sitting in front of my music computer) that allows you to scan for new plug ins. Once you put the TTS-1 back in the Cakewalk directory, press that button, and it should find the TTS-1, since that is the location it will be registered in. Then, you can select it from the number 1 drop down menu.

Is it possible to register it when it is not part of a program?

Quote:

DO NOT try to load it as a VSTi, it will not work.

That's a big ten-four.
Quote:

I don't have any Cakewalk products on the machine in question; I had a friend send me the .dll and associated files.

That's why. Unlike VSTis, DXis need to be installed. Without the installation, there is no record of it in the registry, and hence Windows doesn't know anything about it, and then nothing else knows about it.

It must be installed, and you'll have to do that with a Cakewalk product.

Gary
Brad,
I don't know. You can try reinstalling your Cakewalk product and see if it works then. You're using Sonar 8, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Can you see it in Real Band?

Gary
DX/DXi is NOT a .dll file.

VST/VSTi are .dll files.

DX/DXi is not a simple Dynamic Link Library at all. They are applications.

DX/DXi install to the OS and write to the registry. These must use an installer program.

--Mac
Gary: Tried everything you've suggested -- No luck. I think I will let it go for now, let someone more persistent pursue this. I have Forte and SD2.

Mac: Under Program Files, in my Cakewalk directory, in the "Shared DXi" folder, in the "Tts-1" subdirectory, I have the file TTS-1.dll. Don't know if this sheds any light or not.

Brad
DxMan
Some DXi's i have seen show a file like that but still do not work without an install. Perfect example Sampletank free 1 ands 2, both are DXi and VSTi plugs, but require a install you can't move them or they come apart somehow and can't find there parts. VSC has both a DXi and a VSTi both are installed programs, this is the way TTS-1 works. You have to install it with an installer. The proof is in the using, you see it but it won't load.
Rob,
Since Brad has installed Sonar 8PE, it should have installed with that. Hence, it should be available to PG Music products.

Brad, I'm not sure why you can't see it. Can you see other things like Groove Agent, and other DXi programs that came with Sonar?

Gary
Your right Gary, but i was refering to the OP on this thread, who stated he had no cakewalk products installed, not Brad.
I will look at DXMan when I have a chance.

Gary:

Yes, Sonar 8 and components are all installed, and TTS-1 just re-installed.
No, I cannot see any other DXi components, like Groove Agent, from Sonar in BB.
But, I do have Dimension Pro and Beatscape showing as VSTi add-ons, and as best I can tell so far, they work (altho my Dimension Pro just crashed).

Brad
Brad,
Did you find that button that rescans for plug ins? That would be under the Plug In window, but I don't recall where, exactly. Something in BIAB isn't seeing the DXis, and I don't know why.

Gary
© PG Music Forums