PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/12/17 09:00 PM
I got my old Behringer V-amp Pro running but unfortunately the editor is not compatible with Win 10 and I do not have a list of original patches. If anyone has a list of the original V-amp Pro patches I would love a copy of it.

Note all the original sounds are there it is just I don't know the names of them as A1, B3 etc is useless.

Thanx in advance for your time.

Ps - I did check the Internet and couldn't find them there.
Posted By: rharv Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/12/17 09:20 PM
This what yer looking for?

https://www.scribd.com/document/252019466/Preset-List-v-Ampire-v-Amp-v-Amp-Pro
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: rharv

Thanx, that is exactly what I am looking for BUT you have to use your charge card to get a 30 free trial. I refuse to do that as I only need this one thing. If I could just buy it that would be something I would do.

If I can't find it any place else I suppose I will be forced to give in.

Thanx again for your time and effort.
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 02:28 PM
Mario

Give me a couple of days to rummage - I will find my literature for the VAmp Pro (I also have one along with a Bass VAmp). I could then scan to pdf and share on my dropbox account or send them to your e-mail address.

Found all the info.

The VAmp software runs on my Windows 10 x64 computer with no problem.

Kevin smile
Posted By: Brian Cadoret Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 02:44 PM
Hi Mario,
Does this help you at the bottom of the page open up "see all presets"
Brian

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Effects-Processors/V-AMP-PRO/p/P0154/downloads
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 03:14 PM
Mario

When I found all the info from 2005 or 2006 the editor programs were in a directory and did not need installing. So when I was looking for the preset lists I tried the software on an impulse and found that it worked fine.

I linked my Roland UM-One interface to my computer and then ran the software again and it sucessfully interrogated my VAmp Pro and presented a list of patches - each of which I could edit.

We should try and find out why yours will not work. I see the editor programs are no longer available but I have backups of everything here.

Kevin smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Hi Mario,
Does this help you at the bottom of the page open up "see all presets"
Brian

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Guitar/Guitar-Effects-Processors/V-AMP-PRO/p/P0154/downloads

Thanx for trying but this and all of the variations of the V-amp pro manuals do not include the list of presets. I think that is the only unit that I have that doesn't list them.

The listing at the bottom of the page are individual user presets and not the factory presets.

Thanx again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/13/17 05:18 PM
Hi Kevin,

What version of Win 10 and editor do you have? I have tried few different editors with the latest one being 2.03: I think that is the number, it is the latest one.

I have my original manual and another forum friend sent me a couple more but no manual has the factory presets listed.

What I get is the listings in hex and the preset GUI is all messed up. I have tried Win 7, XP sp2 and XP sp3 compatibility modes with no difference. Once I got a not compatible with this OS error message.

If it is working for you and the problems I am having maybe it is my video card. I do know that changing resolution with different compatibility modes does nothing.

I am also using the S/PDF in and out but I doubt that could be the problem.
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/14/17 03:35 AM
Mario

Yes, version 2.03 is the latest and the version I have tried. All my desktop machines are Win 10 and the program works on all of them.

The preset sheet you are looking for I have found in pdf format. As I said above if I can get your info in a private message I can send it to you.

Kevin smile
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/15/17 12:18 PM
Mario, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the sheet of presets for the V-Amp around here somewhere. I just sold mine a couple months ago. I've been using a Zoom G5 for the past 4 years. My V-amp was not the Pro version but I believe the presets were the same across the product line.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/15/17 12:47 PM
I found my V-Amp 2 factory preset list sheet with names of patches and have scanned both sides. If you would like it, let me know where to post it for you or e-mail it to you.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/17/17 12:44 PM
Thanks to a number of my forum friends I now have a list of the factory presets. Unlike other sites where I posted the same message where I got zero response the response here has been tremendous! That tells a lot about the people whom frequent these forums.

I thank all of you who helped. I greatly appreciate your time and effort!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/17/17 09:27 PM
Could be we are all cheapskate pack rats also...
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/18/17 06:29 AM
Or... could it be that we don't like taking expensive studio equipment on the road when a cheaper alternative is fine for a live gig!!

That at least was my motive behind buying the VAmp Pro, Bass VAmp Pro and the FCB1010 foot controller. Now I've had them all for +/- 12 years they have shown how robust and reliable they actually are.

Kevin smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/18/17 12:33 PM
Kevin I hear ya!

In my rack I have a number of very old synths like a TX81z, a Roland string ensemble and a Roland JV-880. The old stuff just keeps on going and going.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/18/17 01:40 PM
By the time I saw this thread you already had your patch list, Mario.. sorry.

I really like mine... it's part of my gig rack, because it's MIDI controllable. Without the ability to use MIDI to change patches, effects, bump up the volume and gain for solos, playing a solo act would be a lot harder for me, as I'm very slow at responding in real time. If I have to remember to step on a foot switch in a timely manner, I'll miss the moment every time.

And being rack mountable makes it easy to keep everything I need wired up .. I just have to plug in my instrument and mic, then route the output to powered speakers. Takes minutes to set up.

My only lament is... it ain't no tube amp. Good luck getting a good Stevie Ray sound out of it. But for cover songs in general, with its ability to models amps and effects, its very close to being a "one size fits all" solution to mimicking the sounds from the past.

Interesting to see just how many people here have one.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/18/17 04:44 PM
FYI - I finally got my V-Amp Editor working, well sort of working.
Yesterday I decided to try experimenting with it in my music computer that has Win 10 Pro, my Internet computer, another Win 10 Pro and my laptop that has Win 10 home. In all three cases no dice.

So I dragged out my old XP notebook, hooked everything up but still no dice. That is weird because before it ran under XP. Now I am confused. I put everything back under my music computer and for a whim I disconnected my digital I/O S/PDIF chord and used analog to my audio interface and presto I got the presets to look and print correctly! The cable tested out to be fine so my S/PDIF part of my unit is toast.

Now I said that I had it sort of working. Well the preset I/O works fine but the editor part of the program is visually messed up. It appears that part of the program is not compatible with my video card. I'm not worried though as I can set up my XP notebook if I want to experiment with making my own patches.

Again thanx to all the helped me.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/19/17 09:37 AM
Mario, there is a guy who went by username Mokafix, that wrote a VST plugin to be a GUI editorbfor the VAmp series back in the day. I know I have that VST around somewhere on old hard drives. I can put it up on a google drive for you if I find it and you can try it
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/19/17 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Mario, there is a guy who went by username Mokafix, that wrote a VST plugin to be a GUI editorbfor the VAmp series back in the day. I know I have that VST around somewhere on old hard drives. I can put it up on a google drive for you if I find it and you can try it

Thanx for the heads up. I binged mokafix + v-amp and I found that plugin. It is still available! So I DLed it and I'll let you know how it works.

PS he has a number of good looking VSTis available. Some are freebees.

I appreciate your time and effort.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 01/19/17 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

Thanx for the heads up. I binged mokafix + v-amp and I found that plugin. It is still available! So I DLed it and I'll let you know how it works.

PS he has a number of good looking VSTis available. Some are freebees.

I appreciate your time and effort.

The DLLs will not even load in my DAW. Bummer!

Not to worry as any tweaks I make I will use the V-amp to do and to save those preset tweaks.
Posted By: Sol Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 05/18/17 02:24 PM
To Mario,

I just got out my Behringer V-Amp Pro as well! I believe this is the list your looking for.

Cheers,

Sol [img:center]http://imgur.com/TutgwT0[/img]
Posted By: Sol Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 05/18/17 02:49 PM
To Mario,

This may help -

V-Amp Pro.

It seems that the voltage-held RAM is connected directly to the power supply, as when you switch the unit off at the wall you tend to lose all the User presets. This is why you must backup your User presets to disk. The next time your computer detects your Behringer V-Amp Pro you reload the User presets (from disk) via MIDI=>USB.

I have a similar problem. All of the letters on my Editor screen appear corrupted.

Sol
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Behringer V-amp Pro patch list - 12/25/17 04:38 PM
In both the V-Amp and V-Amp Pro units, the memory is backed up by either CR2025 or CR2032 battery. Easy to change in the pro unit, just slightly more difficult to change in the plastic desktop unit.

I had both of these (V-Amp 2, Bass V-Amp Pro) and I swapped batteries out on both units.

-Scott
© PG Music Forums