PG Music Home
Hello All

I hope you are having an amazing January. I am looking forward to FAWM (February Album Writing Month) that is starting shortly.

Here is my January Blog post.

The easy way to create backing tracks from a midi file using RealTracks

The idea for using this method was kindly provided by Charlie Fogle. Thanks Charlie,it is an great method and one that I will be using often.

Any comments and feedback is much appreciated and also let me know if it is okay for me to cross post your comment to my blog.
Thanks Joanne! I read your post, downloaded a fav old rocker and was delighted at how nicely it all came together! Really appreciate the tips!
Great job Joanne. This should really give beginners a big boost. You are a wonderful ambassador for PGMusic and I think you are a huge blessing to people who love music and are willing to give BIAB a try. You're giving the gift to someone of "I can do that" confidence factor.

Advanced users will likely know or quickly figure out to not delete all those unused tracks away and combine midi and RealTracks into very high quality and authentic backing tracks. Beginners will also learn that as they become more experienced and confident.

Thanks for the nod here and in your blog post but you did the leg work and I think a lot of folks will benefit from your blog.

Charlie
Quote:
You are a wonderful ambassador for PGMusic and I think you are a huge blessing to people who love music and are willing to give BIAB a try. You're giving the gift to someone of "I can do that" confidence factor.

Great post Josie. Your boundless energy continues to amaze me. Above all else, you never forget your many friends. Thanks for allowing me in your life.

Donny
Thank you for this great blog post Joanne!
Hi Joanne,
Took me ages to figure some of that stuff out but you have put it in order really simply and clearly,
This blog should be really handy to anyone trying out Biab,
The sequencer part I found tricky so I used to isolate the melody part of the midi on musescore before I sent it over to Biab.
This way is simplier and less time consuming.
Thanks Hugh
Great post, Joanne, and great job on the tip, Charlie! I'll definitely be sending customers towards this smile
Thank you so much J * 3, Charlie, Don, Callie, Hugh and Will. Glad you enjoyed it.
Joanne,

Your blog has some very interesting topics. I can't imagine how you keep coming up with such good topics month-after-month-after-month.

I was not aware of the Floyd Jane interview. Great interview and responses.

Making backing tracks is a subject everyone seems to find interesting, especially this crowd!
© PG Music Forums