PG Music Home
Hello all
I had a request from Hugh2 to do a blog post on this subject so here it is. I would love to hear your methods for achieving the same results.

How I create an instrumental melody line that follows the vocal using Band-in-Box and Melodyne
Joanne

An excellent article. Thanks for all of the screen captures, and inserted YouTube instructions. A picture speaks a thousand words, and this has made it so easy to follow.

Great effort.

Thanks again!

Trev
Joanne,

You've done a great job with this article. Kudos to you smile

For those who read your blog and don't have Melodyne, there is a feature in Realband that will also convert a single note audio melody to MIDI. It's found under "Edit | MIDI" and is called "Pitch to MIDI convert (current audio track)".

I've used this a couple of times over the years and it gives pretty good results. I don't know how it compares to Melodyne, though.

I'm looking forward to your next article now. I enjoy reading what you put together. You've got a knack for interesting writing.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel. I haven't tried that! I will give it a go and add this comment to my blog.
Joanne

You're a skilful girl. I must also try it!
Another excellent blog Joanne. Nice, clear instructions.

We are all very thankful to have someone like you that so willing to share your knowledge to all.

Charlie
This is SO cool that you took the time to post this! I've thought along these lines many times, and even tried voice to midi with not so great results.

I never had considered instrument to midi in melodyne before though! I can't wait to try it!

Great info, and well explained! Thanks Joanne!
Nice work Joanne! Loved the article.
Joanne - this is a great blog post... thank you for taking the time to write it and share it with us smile

Callie
I fought myself through a similar process using the trial version a couple of years ago. I didn't have neither time nor means to write such an excellent How-to covering this process.

Thank you.
My absolute pleasure Trevor, Jacko, Charlie, Callie. Steve, Caaron, ghinch,and Noel.

I enjoy writing these blogs so am delighted that some are finding them useful.

Next month I will think about writing a post about the same process but using the RealBand wave to midi converter rather than melodyne.
Hi Joanne

Great post and thanks again for taking the time.
I have since used the pitch to midi converter again with mixed results one was accurate and the other was far off.My singing was way off it has to be said whether it effected the result or not I dont know.I remember similar results last year and I wasnt sure whether I used it correctly.I think the Melodyne proceedure detailed by you looks very successful,
Thanks Hugh
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi Joanne

Great post and thanks again for taking the time.
I have since used the pitch to midi converter again with mixed results one was accurate and the other was far off.My singing was way off it has to be said whether it effected the result or not I dont know.I remember similar results last year and I wasnt sure whether I used it correctly.I think the Melodyne proceedure detailed by you looks very successful,
Thanks Hugh

Thanks for this Hugh. I will try out the RealBand pitch to midi and melodyne for the same (tuned) vocal and let you know my findings.
I think I've got a demo version of Melodyne someplace I've yet to really have any sort of decent look at. This just be the push cool

p.s. and for Joanne: The quickest outline of the midi concept I've used to explain it, that generally translates very well, is:

Midi is a bit like those "paint by the numbers" things that everyone seems to have got as a kid, only with musical elements (note pitch, length etc) instead of colours.
Thank you Joanne. i believe that this can be quite useful for me.

Don S.
Monaural transfer tunes in wav simply by Melodyne essential, which is included in the price and facilities at about 10 DAW programs. Joanne has Melodyne Studio 4, which is now the highest form all functions of this application, among others, can convert into MIDI for Polyphonic instruments (guitar, piano). Both applications (essential and studio 4) can do it more example. Editing intonation singing and not only that, but in wav works with him as with notes in midi, you can add other voices from sung voice, where the intervals between the votes for individual notes by their liking. Great application in combination of great applications BIAB 2017. Sorry for my the English because of a text written in Czech I transmit through Google Translate to English and my English skills enough to control and better styling.

---------------------------------------------------------
BIAB 2017, Windows 10, Studio One PRO 2.6, Melodyne Studio 4,
Sibelius 8, Music Creator 6 Touch, ACID Music Studio 9.0
Thanks Gause,
Thanks for the info,You're English is better than my Czech,
Yours Hugh
© PG Music Forums