PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Metronome App Recommendations - 02/26/17 05:21 PM
Any recommendations for a free or very low priced PC based metronome program? I thought it would be easy to find something but apparently not! The more whistles and bells the better. thanks
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Metronome App Recommendations - 02/26/17 05:57 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Any recommendations for a free or very low priced PC based metronome program? I thought it would be easy to find something but apparently not! The more whistles and bells the better. thanks

Is this one suitable?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Metronome App Recommendations - 02/26/17 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Is this one suitable?

I need to also "hear" subdivisions. I don't believe that Metronome Pro does that??

I had once used the free 30 day demo of this. Bounce Metronome Just found it again after many years. It has all the whistles and bells I like, but it was buggy in the past. When I contacted the author he offered to give my the license for a fraction of the cost. But buggy was not what I wanted at the time. I may give it a try again since it may have been updated.

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: DEddy Re: Metronome App Recommendations - 02/27/17 01:07 PM
Metronome Pro doesn't have that feature; it has a visual but not audio. The visual is terrible in that you're always looking instead of listening and therefore lose your concentration.

Good luck.

I had really hope more would have responded.

DE
Posted By: DrDan Re: Metronome App Recommendations - 03/04/17 06:51 PM
I need to also "hear" subdivisions. I don't believe that Metronome Pro does that??

I had once used the free 30 day demo of this. Bounce Metronome Just found it again after many years. It has all the whistles and bells I like, but it was buggy in the past. When I contacted the author he offered to give my the license for a fraction of the cost. But buggy was not what I wanted at the time. I may give it a try again since it may have been updated.

Thanks for the input.

Got some good news to report. The Lite version of this is free and has as many whistles and bells as I would ever want. It is working our nicely for me on my Win 10 machine.

The Pro version which is free for 30 days, then defaults to the Lite version, is simply over the top in terms of configurations and presentations. May have been designed for a Frank Zappa type but way more than I can understand or appreciate.

Check it out and see what is best for you.
© PG Music Forums