PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada I'm sinking without trace - 03/07/17 10:06 PM
I'm sinking in software and hardware now. I'm sure I'm not the only one! I got an annual website software deal last year and finally looked at it to find the licence runs out in 10 days! I've got my VoiceLive 3 Extreme still sitting in its box! I can't bear to move the VoiceLive 2 as it's all configured for BIAB and working! Also my wife might see it and then I'm in deep.... #$&*. frown The more hardware I have, the less likely it is to work. I haven't played live or on streetjelly for what seems like months. BIAB sat idle until recently (though I had to buy everything the day the 2017 upgrade came out) and now I'm totally immersed in that to the exclusion of guitar playing, singing practice etc etc - and I'm getting old..... My upgraded internet line has created a TV Series widow and my 11 year old daughter creates endless video clips on 'musically' and signed up for Hip Hop lessons. She's also started to teach herself violin. I missed it all grin Worst of all, my songs never get further than lyrics... Even the dogs come and get me when they want a walk.

On a positive note, I'm having loads of fun and I have my retirement activities sorted assuming I actually get to retire.

So, I've decided I have to get better organised. My screen recording software has a poor resolution when I use the TV screen, so I've tracked down another one I already have that works better. Last night I had BIAB, 2 USB Cams, text and photos all recording simultaneously. It took me a while to get any audio but success finally.

I know I'm not alone in this. Any wise words or at least help me feel less strange. shocked

Edit: I'm going to pick small tasks and do them one at a time - worked for bar chords and Pentatonic scales. wink
Posted By: DrDan Re: I'm sinking without trace - 03/07/17 10:51 PM
A big smile on my face.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: I'm sinking without trace - 03/08/17 01:08 AM
I think you just wrote a blues song! LOL

Take care Buddy!
Posted By: lambada Re: I'm sinking without trace - 03/08/17 10:17 PM
Don't encourage me grin

Sinking Without Trace

No time left, better alter my pace.
Silent theft, showing no grace.
No time to play, no time to stay.
Death comes too soon, time leaves no trace.

Time waits for no man, woman or child,
Time plays with dreams, raging angry and wild.
I'm screaming for love, I've finished my race
I'm crying for help, I'm sinking no trace.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: I'm sinking without trace - 03/09/17 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada
Don't encourage me grin

Sinking Without Trace

No time left, better alter my pace.
Silent theft, showing no grace.
No time to play, no time to stay.
Death comes too soon, time leaves no trace.

Time waits for no man, woman or child,
Time plays with dreams, raging angry and wild.
I'm screaming for love, I've finished my race
I'm crying for help, I'm sinking no trace.

Go ahead, ... record it ...

I D double dare you! grin
© PG Music Forums