PG Music Home
supplying only as FYI

looks like in ends in 2 days

https://audioplugin.deals/

I have Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra - very good but it was slightly daunting to install and its not in Kontakt as a LIBRARY, simply manes you have to use the "Files" view to find items to load into rack. I assume these are the same way but I could be wrong

ALSO I've NEVER used Audio Plugins Deal myself but that doesn't mean anything one way or the other

Larry
If you put the Diamond Orchestra's KLIs and KLMs in Kontakt's quick-load you will not have to use the file system. Quick-load is the second best thing to libraries.

Audio Plugins is a safe and good site for deals. I have used them a number of time with no problems.
Yes I'm aware of (and use QL)

But QL is even a PITA sometimes and the real estate it eats up out of bottom and some other personal gripes. Yes, I know it's "fast" (Ctrl-F open, close, open, close, but it drives me nuts to do that - so you can see what your doing in the Rack - when more than a few instruments are being tried out when a few are already in the rack).

I'm really not a big fan of Kontakt any way, just becasue it's "the standard," doesn't make it good (from a work and usability POV).

The browser is even WORSE (left side - Files, Lib,..). The RACK view is where 99% of most detailed and hard work is - not instrument selection.

I'd kill for a FULL SCREEN Kontak (ST, UVI,..) GUI. and IN K5's case horizontal as well as vertical (with appropriate and scaleable fonts)!

The ENTIRE GUI needs to be SCREEN sizeable and if you turn off the browser that should give you MORE rack space WIDTH not the same, and on and on.

Not to pick on JUST NI, IK's SampleTank 2 had an even worse size issue and while ST 3 is larger than ST2, it has similar issues to Kontakt now. But at least when it's time to EDIT, the ENTIRE window (such as it is) is dedicated to the task: editing.

Actually, I wonder if ALL these screens (for most plug-ins) are designed:

1) by 15 year olds with 20/10 vision,
2) with future use on 5" phone screens in mind and
3) as "screen limited" by a dictate from the folks in the front office because they thought they had to keep cost down by limiting pixels used.

Larry
I agree completely with you Larry. If I can find out how to upload pictures now that Dropbox has messed things up I could show you how I have my QL set up. Everything is categorized.
© PG Music Forums