PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 03:20 AM
Hi All

It is time to write my monthly blog and was wondering if anybody has any ideas for topics you would like me to research and cover.

Regards
Posted By: musiclover Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 04:41 AM
Hello Joanne,

How about,

"how to deal with fame when it comes" smile

Being serious now, finding the time and best way to practice new songs and getting better on guitar.

Hope all is well with you.

Musiclover
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 09:13 AM
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi All

It is time to write my monthly podcast and was wondering if anybody has any ideas for topics you would like me to research and cover.

Regards

Yes. Unfortunately it is likely not something that you'll be able to research quickly and then concisely compact into a single blog. It is something I would like to learn more about and am finding there is not much available for beginners. It is full of features and I'm sure that once I would get into it from the standpoint of understanding the principles it is based on, I would certainly find it useful and probably easy.

Me, I can't get a handle on effectively and efficiently using the guitar fretboard and BIAB songs and tutorials as practice tools. I have an understanding of tablature and I can load songs while displaying the guitar fretboard. I can't put two and two together yet.

Charlie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 12:12 PM
How about the importance of music theory to a preforming musician?

Regardless of whether you read music or not or the genre of music you are playing you are using music theory. Many don't realize this so maybe a short, if possible, intro to music theory will help them. Nothing too deep, just something brief like how a I-VI-V comes from the major scaled and how all music is really based the major scale.

Just my thoughts.
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Regardless of whether you read music or not or the genre of music you are playing you are using music theory. Many don't realize this so maybe a short, if possible, intro to music theory will help them. Nothing too deep, just something brief like how a I-VI-V comes from the major scaled and how all music is really based the major scale.

Just my thoughts.
This music theory topic could be really interesting, seconded!
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/24/17 07:51 PM
some thoughts on time management how you manage to do the musical things you do while still attending to the other thing life brings your way

a deep dive on how you produce videos like

and its instrumental version including how you select the material

the work involved involved in the upkeep of your social media efforts by platform and how you determine whether it's worth it

features you'd like to see in biab\rb that would make you musical life more productive

thanks for all you've done thus far looking forward to your future output
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Ideas for March blog post - 03/25/17 11:26 AM
Music lover, Charlie, Mario, Will and pghboemike
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I think I am going to go for the "easier" option suggested by pghboemike on the making of the videos since time is short.

Originally Posted By: musiclover

finding the time and best way to practice new songs and getting better on guitar.

Thanks for this. This is definitely some thing I can cover in future blog posts.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Yes. Unfortunately it is likely not something that you'll be able to research quickly and then concisely compact into a single blog. It is something I would like to learn more about and am finding there is not much available for beginners. It is full of features and I'm sure that once I would get into it from the standpoint of understanding the principles it is based on, I would certainly find it useful and probably easy.

Me, I can't get a handle on effectively and efficiently using the guitar fretboard and BIAB songs and tutorials as practice tools. I have an understanding of tablature and I can load songs while displaying the guitar fretboard. I can't put two and two together yet.

Charlie

Charlie, I have not used the fret board display in BIAB to learn songs. (I also dont read TAB). I am currently learning to read music so it may be a useful exercise for me to try and display the music for a song along side the guitar fret board in BIAB and try and play along. I will try it out and see how it goes. I would think that the guitar fret board display would be useful if you already know your scales very well...anybody use the BIAB fret board to learn a song?

Originally Posted By: MarioD

Just my thoughts.

Mario. This is great idea for a blog (or a series of blogs). Starting with I-VI-V. I have been thinking of introducing "guest bloggers" and this may be a good subject. Are there any volunteers out there?

Originally Posted By: pghboemike
some thoughts on time management how you manage to do the musical things you do while still attending to the other thing life brings your way

the work involved involved in the upkeep of your social media efforts by platform and how you determine whether it's worth it

features you'd like to see in biab\rb that would make you musical life more productive

All great ideas and doable, thanks, will put them on the list.
© PG Music Forums