PG Music Home
Our newest Endorsing Artist Terry Fernihough is the writer of I'll Bring the Party, a number one hit on the Canadian National Aboriginal Countdown! Listen here...

Learn more about Terry here.

Review all our Endorsing Artists when you visit www.pgmusic.com/endorsers.php.
Wow! Great song! Congrats on the success! We are in good company smile
And who is it that says you can't do modern country with BiaB?

Nonsense. If you can imagine it, you can do it.
Great listen.

Lively, fantastic, excellent modern country, if ever there was.
Cool song. Thanks for posting.
Terry - congratulations!! on your #1. Super cool achievement.

You say that you use BIAB to do your demos... any chance you could post your demo for this song (if it was done using BIAB - I get that that might not be the case)? I think that would be cool to hear... (in the Showcase?)

Did you (forum) guys find more than just a 40 second snippet of this song? Where?
(this is not "showing off" BIAB tracks - for those who are "confused")
You can hear a "demo vs master" of this song on Terry's SoundClick page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=91487&songID=13223485
Thanks Callie! This is so cool to be able to hear!

I honestly feel that, with some proper mixing, and a little more time, the demo music wouldn't be all that far from the final.

The end vocals are what make these songs sound pro!
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
You can hear a "demo vs master" of this song on Terry's SoundClick page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=91487&songID=13223485
Callie, Thanks very much! That is exactly what everyone was hoping for.
Very, very cool.
Thanks Callie, great to hear the evolution from demo to mastered final. I've read many post here on the forums from folks mastering their songs, but this simple a / b comparison gives me a great appreciation what mastering is and what it can do. There's much more to it than I originally thought. It really makes the song "pop"!

Jeff
Callie - Thanks! for the link to Terry's demo... nice to hear the original vs. the studio version...
Yes. Great to hear the comparison. It is similar in transition to several songs that forum members have done with several of my compositions. Josie (Sundance)and Pat Marr took "From You to Me" adding new dimension by changing the lead vocal from male to female, added backing vocals and a few special effects plus Pat's live overdub creating a difference as obvious as night to day.

Tom Adams took my demo of "Looking From Where I'm At" and the changes he made were more of adding better quality than changes to the demo. He closely followed the demo in instrumentation and lyrics, he played live guitar, added better quality vocals and harmonies and did his usual masterful mix/master creating a radio ready product.

The most dramatic change between my demo and finished 'demo' created from BIAB was by Herb Hartley (Guitarhacker). He cleaned up the lyrics, created a remarkable mix from scratch, added live guitar and singlehandedly created a professional record from what was originally a boom-chink rhythm guitar/vocal unrecognizable between the original and finished product. Impressive work. He heard the changes I did to the demo of a song a personal friend had asked me to work with him on, I posted my demo here on the forum (with permission of the songwriter) and Herb jumped on board to help. Unfortunately, my friend got seriously ill at that time and the song became a solo project for Herb.

Regarding Terry's demo, it is easily recognizable BIAB backing track and appears to me he chose a style, entered chords, put the backing tracks in his DAW and added the vocals. Production is similar to many User Showcase quality. At 0.48 - the jump in volume of the vocals lead me to think he did an punch in at that point. "Here it is with no hesitation" comes in louder than the preceding vocal phrase and drops back to the original level following the phrase.

I find this thread to be insightful, inspirational and encouragement there is hope that it's not only possible but that someone has actually garnered a #1 using BIAB as a tool to accomplish the feat. I have always speculated there are more instances than we imagine of hit songs that have reached their destination on the charts with BIAB tracks both as an inspirational tool and as an actual track in the song.....

Charlie
© PG Music Forums