PG Music Home
Hi folks,
I made a sound review of the "Fender Stratocaster" (American Standard) for my YT channel.
I also explain single coil hum and the tremolo system. It`s a short video and in English ;-)
Fender Stratocaster Guitar Review

I`m looking to get 100 subscribers for my channel, so I can choose a unique URL name. Hence I`m greatful for everyone who subs my "GuitarVersum" channel.

Thankies,
Sandra
Sandra, this is a very good demonstration of a Strat!

If I could make one suggestion it would be to change the tremolo bar to vibrato bar or whammy bar. Tremolo is a variation of gain (volume) while vibrato is a variation in pitch, as you probably are well aware of.

Fender started the confusion when the labeled vibrato on their amps (it is really tremolo) and tremolo bar on their guitars (it is really vibrato). The term whammy bar is slang over on this side of the big pond for vibrato bar. Is it the same over there?

[edit] - forgot to add that you are a fantastic guitarist.

Nice video. Glad to subscribe to your channel. You're a great guitarist.

Charlie
Sandra,

What MarioD said he is correct; technically it is a vibrato bar not a tremelo bar.

but Fender STILL mislabels their bridges as "Synchronized Tremolo" or "Tremelo" and Amp labels still say Vibrato instead of Tremelo!

Thanks Leo for the 180 out on both.

Larry

PS: But in Leo's defense (at least with respect to amplifiers) I think MAYBE he THOUGHT his circuit (copied, like most amp circuits, even in that era from various tube and radio books) WAS FM or "Magnatone-like." Magnatone amps DID/do have an true FM circuit (pitch shifting aka vibrato).

My Juke 1210 has a combo AM/FM circuit so I get BOTH tremelo and/or vibrato and it is sweet!

PPS: Sandra you have another subscription :-)

Yep, I'm absolutely aware of the tremolo / vibrato thing. And I went for tremolo, because I found out, that people use it more often as a search term. Since I have to consider the SEO (search engine optimization) on YouTube too, I chose tremolo.

I often wondered, why it was all mixed up in the first place. The FM radio thing is new to me - interesting view.

Thanks for subscribing
Nice job, Sandra.

Minor nitpick when you are talking about hum; you mention about the hum going away when the middle and neck pickups (or middle and bridge pickups) are connected in series. They are actually connected in parallel, not series, with the american standard wiring.

The strat deluxe (with the S1 switch) allows some series pickup combinations.

I've got three stats here including a '74 hardtail (strings go through the body like a tele), most versatile guitar you can own in my opinion.

I "liked" your video, was already subscribed to your channel.
Sandra

Great demonstration of the variety from one instrument - extrapolated of course by your excellent skills.

I gave it a 'like', for sure.
Ooops, you are totally right about the parallel wiring. I don`t know why i said that in the transaltion. Because in my original German words i didn`t mention the wiring at all.
Have to correct that.
Thanks for the reminder!

Sandra
More nit-picking. At 48 seconds or so it says Distortion Rhythm Bridge Pickup. But looks and sounds like position 2 (bridge and middle).
© PG Music Forums