PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzsax Wireless PA serving 2 areas? - 04/20/17 09:51 PM
My son, who manages a hotel, just posed a question to me. He wants to have outdoor music this summer in a patio location 50 yards from the rear of the main building and have the music, acoustic jazz, piped into the hotel lobby WIRELESSLY!
I mentioned to him that would more than likely require a sound engineer to set up. What are your thoughts. Can it be done by off the shelf systems that you could find at Guitar Center?
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Wireless PA serving 2 areas? - 04/20/17 10:49 PM
Starting question: Is there a way that they can at least broadcast to WIFI from the outdoor PA? That is, do they have WIFI at the PA location?

If so, then they could use something like Chrome-Cast https://store.google.com/product/chromec...CFYcUPwodLuAJbQ

Follow on question; if not, do they have line-of-sight from outdoor PA to a place where they could run a cable into the lobby?

If the answer to that is Yes, then you can use a wireless in-ear monitor system, with the transmitter at the PA, and a belt-pack at the entrance to the lobby. Then from there a wired output from the beltpack receiver to a PA in the lobby.

Finally, if it's a really fancy hotel, they might already have an audio over LAN system built into the hotel's PA system and your son just needs to ask how to get source material onto the network for selection at the lobby.
Posted By: Tobias Re: Wireless PA serving 2 areas? - 04/21/17 02:55 AM
How about Spotify on an iPhone and a Bose Audio system?
Oh, is this a live Jazz band? 50 yards is pretty far for a wireless audio system.
Similar to rockstar-nots suggestion; Use a guitar wireless system. The body pack "transmitter" rigged up with adaptors to the tape out jacks on the main mixer. The receiver antenna box connected to a second audio system in the lobby.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: Wireless PA serving 2 areas? - 04/22/17 04:09 PM
Thanks for the information, I will pass it along.
© PG Music Forums