PG Music Home
+++ HERE +++ is a short video describing how Gigabyte assembles computer motherboards. The video length is 2:48 and is by PC World.
Very impressive yet not one checked in a computer to see if its actually working, or did I miss that?

Musiclover
I showed this to my mom and she was bored almost immediately. So, I definitely know how to make a motherboard.

smile
Originally Posted By: jford
I showed this to my mom and she was bored almost immediately. So, I definitely know how to make a motherboard.

smile

John, you should start writing comedy shows grin grin grin
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Very impressive yet not one checked in a computer to see if its actually working, or did I miss that?

Musiclover

The intent of this vid is just to give an overview of the process, but that is Not the full process. The global process is very complex and includes a lot of things upstream.
Boards are tested in special benches to check for shorts, cuts, solder joints on the PCB, for presence/absence of the right component at the right place, etc...
You can also have visual inspection.
Functional tests may be done by sampling according international quality norms. It depends also of the phase of production....
© PG Music Forums