PG Music Home
Hi,

I know that Pat Marr and maybe a few more on here use Muvizu animation software.

As Pat was a frequent user on their forums he is probably well aware of this, but for anyone else (I have just found out myself) they have gone into administration which will affect any one trying to reinstall the Muvizu play software, can't be activated.

Luckily I had an acronis image backup as I tried to reinstall it last night.

http://www.digit.fyi/digimania-enters-administration/

Hope that somehow someone comes along and buys up the assets of the company, but will they honour past customers if they do by activating the software?

Musiclover
What a shame. I do hope that they get a reprieve of some sorts.
In response to the closing of Muvizu's web site, a bunch of the core users (including me) chipped in money, time and expertise to create a user-created website to support the product.

The new website is here: http://www.anizu.uk/

It's still a work in process... in fact it just came online over the weekend. We hope the brand will be bought by somebody who will keep it alive. Until/unless that happens, it won't be possible to buy and install a new licensed copy of Muvizu.

The new web site DOES have a demo copy available that can be downloaded and installed for free. It has fewer features than the paid version. but it's still pretty cool.

The good news is that if you bought Muvizu and installed it before the company went into administration, your software should continue working indefinitely.

And the new web site has information on how to move your valid working installation to a new computer, assuming you have the license file backed up.

So, if you use Muvizu, you aren't completely out of luck. Support just changed hands to volunteers who are hoping to hold down the fort until the software is revived by new ownership.
Sending good luck to you and your team Pat, I hope this is absolutely successful. Let's look forward to a great result.
Trevor
That's great news Pat, maybe if no one wants to buy it and given time they may sell it to your team as I am sure you would do a good job.

Website looks cool!

Musiclover
Originally Posted By: musiclover
That's great news Pat, maybe if no one wants to buy it and given time they may sell it to your team as I am sure you would do a good job.

Website looks cool!

Musiclover
I don't see our group ever getting an opportunity (or having the money) to buy the assets.

But one of two things will probably happen:

1) somebody will buy Muvuzu's assets and make them available again in one form or another... or...

2) nobody will buy Muvizu and the assets will be orphaned. If that happens, there are people who know how to modify the assets to open up new potential. So, either way, there is something to keep me interested in the future potential of the product.
© PG Music Forums