PG Music Home
I got an email from Indiginus about their new "Blue Street Brass". You need the full version of Kontakt to use it (not the Kontakt Player). I think I will be getting this, and just wanted to share in case others are as well...

Quote:

Introducing Blue Street Brass!

Dear Indiginus customer,

We proudly introduce Blue Street Brass, a collection of authentic late 19th century and early 20th century instruments, including trumpets, cornets, flugel horn, and some unique low brass instruments. The emphasis is on singing sustained notes, and would sound great for big band, Broadway, or re-creating the sound of an 1890s brass ensemble.

For Kontakt 5.5.2+ Full version.
The introductory price is $59. The regular price will be $79.
thx - nice heads up - still debating
I'll be ordering this weekend. I thought for the price point ($59 introductory offer, going up to $79 at some point), it was pretty nice, especially since brass is usually so difficult to get decent sounds for.
Actually listening to it again makes me want to score a noir/Mickey Spillane film or 50's style The Naked City

Pan above sweeping into the mouth of the alley:

"Joey just couldn't catch a break, now caught by a loan shark collector in a 'dark and stormy night' coffin of an alley way, he was about to find out bad his story really was. Joey's story is just another in The Naked City" cue muted trumpet (ala Chet Baker)
Quote:
"Joey just couldn't catch a break, now caught by a loan shark collector in a 'dark and stormy night' coffin of an alley way, he was about to find out bad his story really was. Joey's story is just another in The Naked City" cue muted trumpet (ala Chet Baker)

Or how about this...

ANNOUNCER: Los Angeles... He walks again by night...
NICK: (whistles)
ANNOUNCER: Out of the fog, into the smog...
NICK: (cough, cough)
ANNOUNCER: Relentlessly... ruthlessly...
NICK: I wonder where Ruth is?
ANNOUNCER: …doggedly… (bark bark)
NICK: Eh, get away from me…
ANNOUNCER: ... towards his weekly meeting with... the unknown. At 4th and Drucker he turns left, at Drucker and 4th he turns right, he crosses MacArthur Park and walks into a great sandstone building. (smack)
NICK: Oh, my nose!
ANNOUNCER: Groping for the door he steps inside... (door opens/closes...phone rings until pick up...13 steps) climbs the 13 steps to his office, he walks in (walking/door opens)... he's ready for mystery, (door closes/walking) he's ready for excitement... he's ready for anything, he's...

NICK: Nick Danger, Third Eye...

Cue muted trumpet (ala Chet Baker)

Firesign Theatre fans will get this...
Good afternoon, Mr. Danger. I'm Rocky Rococo...
You got it, Floyd.

smile
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
cue muted trumpet (ala Chet Baker)

Google tells me that Chet Baker never used a mute. wink

Apparently, what teeth Chet didn't directly lose to heroin were removed in an altercation with his drug dealer. He re-learned how to play the trumpet (with dentures) after deciding working at the gas station didn't pay the bills.

Thus the "airy" Chet Baker sound was born.

Or, so I read yesterday, when I happened to be looking for information on the Chet Baker "sound". Prior to that, I didn't even know he played the trumpet on Shipbuilding.

Back to the topic at hand - it's too bad I don't have the full version of Kontakt. The growl on the plunger mute is particularly cool.
© PG Music Forums