PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike How to Be a biab\rb Power User - 09/18/17 12:47 AM
originally written for sonar but the same steps can be applied to biab\rb
Posted By: lambada Re: How to Be a biab\rb Power User - 09/18/17 09:39 PM
After I left university, in 83, I moved into the field of computer training and then help desk support. I remember sitting reading the Wordstar Manuals, learning DOS / batch coding from the books. Once I realised I had a knack for it, I would read manuals from cover to cover. I spent 10 - 15 years teaching Microsoft products including Access and Project. All levels. Even some simple visual basic.

I just wish I'd do the same for BIAB, RealBand, Reaper, iZotope etc. One gets stupider with age when it comes to these simple rules.
Posted By: jford Re: How to Be a biab\rb Power User - 09/19/17 10:44 AM
I try to at least be familiar with the table of contents and index of the manuals so I know where to look for stuff.
Posted By: sslechta Re: How to Be a biab\rb Power User - 09/19/17 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada
After I left university, in 83, I moved into the field of computer training and then help desk support. I remember sitting reading the Wordstar Manuals, learning DOS / batch coding from the books. Once I realised I had a knack for it, I would read manuals from cover to cover. I spent 10 - 15 years teaching Microsoft products including Access and Project. All levels. Even some simple visual basic.

Cool. It looks like we have some similar backgrounds in IT. I have loved to use VBA with Excel for the past 15+ years.....
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: How to Be a biab\rb Power User - 09/19/17 12:59 PM
Wow, what a useful and well written article! I can see this definitely advantageous - particularly to newer users. Thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums