PG Music Home
Has anyone experienced this: I often generate a song in BIAB and edit it in Mixcraft. I also use Garritan GPO sometimes for my instruments. I have just noticed that Garritan will not play the midi file from BIAB. The same midi file can be played by Mixcraft instruments and several other VSTis. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Each midi channel needs setting individually in GPO. Have they been set to correspond to the track on which BIAB saved individual events? For example, melody on channel 4, bass on channel 2, etc. (See the graphic below for BIAB's default channel assignment.)

Attached picture midi channels.JPG
Hi jackbcjr,

What do you mean it will not play GPO?

If it is playing the wrong instruments then Noel's suggestion will work. However if you hear nothing or something but it is at a very low volume then that is a different problem. GPO uses the mod wheel, CC1, for volume and not CC7, the normal volume settings. I suspect this is the problem as most all other MIDI sound sources use CC7, CC11 or CC2 for volume while Garritan's software uses CC1.

Let us know how you make out.
Noel96, your advice was spot on!!! I tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much. Your info was invaluable.
© PG Music Forums