PG Music Home
Hello all

I have had quite a few requests for a blog post on this topic so here it is.

Comments are always most welcome.

Create Interest in your Band-in-a-Box song using holds
Another tip filled and spot on blog. You are so helpful to so many folks. Always enjoy reading through the blog.

A tip for those who may not move their song over to RealBand to edit mutes and holds but prefer to stay in BIAB that will help that occasional occurrence where the final notes of an instrument being muted is cut off awkwardly and does not end correctly; in the measure prior to the muting, open F5 and select the instrument 'Fade (per bar)' from the drop down menu and fade the instrument a bit before the mute. I assume the fade (per bar) feature is available in the MAC version of BIAB where RealBand is not available.

My favorite way to alternate between different instruments is to place two or more instruments on the same track. I assume this feature is also available on the MAC version. Guessing that BIAB's read ahead feature sees the change of instruments and generates appropriate phrases at the change point.

Enjoyed your latest blog a lot.

Charlie
A very helpful blog Joanne, thanks. I listened to your song "Stop and smell the roses" while reading it, I liked it very much, it really suits your voice.
© PG Music Forums